Consolizing

Phix

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Ok so i know it aint easy but exactly how would i go about consolising a 2 slot ???
Cheers Phix :D

Last edited:

JMKurtz

Tech Support Moderator,
20 Year Member
There isn't a whole lot of work involved. Basically you need to wire up power, audio, and a video board, i.e. the Neobitz Component/SVideo board from www.neobitz.com works great :glee:

You start by planning out your power switch/socket and a/v jacks and drill all necessary holes. If you decide to paint the shell, prep, prime, and paint after drilling.

The best way for planning locations is to take some painter's masking tape (easy peel stuff) and put it along the back edge. Measure drill points to properly and evenly space the jacks. You won't want to mount anything behind the cart slots as it will be painfully visible and could obstruct the cart slots.

Once you have the shell ready, all that is left is mounting the jacks and wiring. You'll need to be familiar with using a soldering iron. You won't need to be an expert but a novice could have a rough start -- but I think anyone could get through it.

If you need to see pics, I took some of a 2-slot I just consolized for someone. Thankfully, I didn't have to do the painting so it was a quick and easy job.

Jeff

Phix

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
JMKurtz said:
There isn't a whole lot of work involved. Basically you need to wire up power, audio, and a video board, i.e. the Neobitz Component/SVideo board from www.neobitz.com works great :glee:

You start by planning out your power switch/socket and a/v jacks and drill all necessary holes. If you decide to paint the shell, prep, prime, and paint after drilling.

The best way for planning locations is to take some painter's masking tape (easy peel stuff) and put it along the back edge. Measure drill points to properly and evenly space the jacks. You won't want to mount anything behind the cart slots as it will be painfully visible and could obstruct the cart slots.

Once you have the shell ready, all that is left is mounting the jacks and wiring. You'll need to be familiar with using a soldering iron. You won't need to be an expert but a novice could have a rough start -- but I think anyone could get through it.

If you need to see pics, I took some of a 2-slot I just consolized for someone. Thankfully, I didn't have to do the painting so it was a quick and easy job.

Jeff
Yea pics would be great Jeff :p ...also does the process change much as i dont need a video board as im in the UK and use R.G.B :buttrock:
Thanks in advance Phix

J0e Musashi

Metal Slug Mechanic
It's not any easier for non-Americans Garry, just not as much work to do as you don't need a video encoder. You still have to solder, so be real careful this time eh?

JMKurtz

Tech Support Moderator,
20 Year Member
Rather than drilling a bunch of holes for jacks, you could just mount a DIN socket and use an SNK RGB Scart cable then... But like J0e said, you still need to do some soldering :)

Jeff

Phix said:
Yea pics would be great Jeff :p ...also does the process change much as i dont need a video board as im in the UK and use R.G.B :buttrock:
Thanks in advance Phix