CPS Changer

LIVINGWONDER

Cheng's Errand Boy
Anyone actually seen, played, own, or owned one of these at some point. It's the Capcom version of the Neo Geo AES. I have only heard about it and seen pics of it. I realize it's a hard find and not much talk about it. But I want to know if anyone here has seen one, knows where to get one, played one, knows a friend who has one etc. I guess I just want to know if anyone has actually seen one of these in person at the very least. Post your story if you have at least seen one in person.

sven666

War Room Troll
they pop up on yahoo every now and then, aside from playing CPS2 games it seems to be a pretty solid supergun with some small mods.

pricey tho.. a boxed one with two games went for +100K JPY about a month ago..

andy251203

Hardened Shock Trooper
It's a cool collector's item, but it's overrated. The games are just the arcade boards with unencrypted, non-suicidal roms. They obviously removed "inserting coins" and such. The only exclusive game for the system was Street Fighter Zero, which is a watered down version of its CPS2 arcade variant.

(Ironically, SFZ on the CPS changer was the reason that CPS2 was cracked in the first place...)

The Chief

U.N. Apologist,
20 Year Member
andy251203 said:
(Ironically, SFZ on the CPS changer was the reason that CPS2 was cracked in the first place...)

Those were the days, I just about shat myself with excitement.

billd420

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
10 Year Member
The Chief said:
Those were the days, I just about shat myself with excitement.

Agreed... I remember patiently waiting for the newest XOR release from Raz through CPS2shock. I was first in line when the first game XOR was released.

-Bill