cps2 sound?

iamrandyray

Armored Scrum Object
do i have the run the sound out of the 2 audio jacks on the A board?
or does any sound come out of the jamma
thanks

MKL

Basara's Blade Keeper
20 Year Member
You can set a CPS2 board to either mono or stereo (Q-sound) through the test menu (check the manuals if you're unsure). If you set it to mono you'll get sound from the jamma connector, if you set it to stereo you'll get it from the RCA jacks (provided you hook it up to a stereo receiver). Apparently, your board is set to stereo and you'll have to change it to mono.

CLRH2O

n00b
In my case, I have AvsP inside my Dedicated 2-slot MVS cabinet (which has a 6-slot in currently) and you simply WILL NOT get audio from the MVS(fake jamma?) connector in my dedicated MVS cab...

The only way I can get audio is via the RCA jacks to the mixer/dj setup on the other side of the room. Also, if the CPS2 board set is set to Q sound, even with the RCS jacks connected - no sound. It HAS to be mono in order to put out sound through the RCA jacks....

God only knows why. And this is simply my own experience with this game here - so your mileage may vary.

MKL

Basara's Blade Keeper
20 Year Member
There's an easy explanation for that: with the MVS wiring speaker negative is ground whereas with CPS2 it's not ground. Yes, pin L is ground on MVS but not on CPS2 (and other arcade boards). With an MVS wiring pin L is left speaker positive, while with CPS2 it is speaker negative. So it's pretty obvious that it doesn't work: you'll have to change the wiring somehow...