CPS3 in or out.

necron99

n00b
So I have come to a dilemma.

I love the Street Fighter games. So a back at the beginning of 2008 I collected all of the PCBs to use in my cabs. I picked up all 3 of the CPS3 based games. When the Street Fighter 3rd Strike was delivered, I paid the guy I bought it from to swap all of my CPS3 batteries. Here it is 3 years later and I am getting paranoid about the need to swap them again. Unfortunately the one person I know that did the swap is unavailable. I definitely do not have the the experience necessary to do it myself. As much as I love playing 3rd Strike, I feel that I should sell them off before they just die. I really don't want to have a hole in my collection.

So what would you do? Keep them and try to find a swap, or sell them and avoid the loss?

Any idea what they are going for at this time? I have 4 setups, both USA and JAPAN SFIII: The New Generation, Japan SFIII: 2nd Impact, and USA SFIII: Third Strike.

Cheers,
jon

Tango

Tung's Hair Stylist
keep them man. No question about it... if your 3s cart is Japanese and it happens to die on you, Capcom of Japan will revive it for you. Don't take the cheap route if it dies though and turn it into a zombie asian version. If you need any information about that let me know via PM.

If your 3s is a US cart then I suggest finding someone to change it for you. Because if it dies, then you have no chance of having it revived as the US branch of Capcom has been closed down for quite some time. You could have it revived as an Asian version, but again-- its better not to and instead hold onto the dead cart in the hopes that eventually it will be phoenix-able.

If the 3s cart is Japanese I would also suggest trying to find someone to change the battery in it... the good news is that if it dies while doing so it can be fixed. Or just play it until it dies and send it off when that ultimately happens for a repair.

KaPH33n

Sieger's Squire
He mentions that it's a US 3rd Strike...

Personally... I'd keep them. I'd either risk changing it myself or try to find someone who'll do it for money. If you find someone... they'll probably be more inclined to give you a deal and even do the thing if you can send 4 carts at once.

That said... I'm somewhat interested in your JP NG and 2i. So put me in line if you decide to sell.