CRT Convergence Advice Needed

dgame

Cheng's Errand Boy
10 Year Member
On my 27” Wells Gardner D9200 I have a problem with the Red convergence in the top-center.

This Red in this area is higher than the other colors and causes the high score or power meter in many games to have a red shadow.

The center of the screen is almost perfectly aligned and the bottom corners are okay.

I have several of those convergence strips and while they can easily fix the corners, the top edge is difficult to adjust with the strips. I have to distort the top-right corner tremendously to get the red line to move closer to the others in the top-center edge.

I have read about tilting the yoke for edge convergence however the bottom is fine so wouldn’t tilting cause problems on the bottom?
Also which direction would that tilt need to be?

I also have some yoke wedges that I could try. Again, if so, which side to wedge?

So the question is how do I approach fixing the convergence in the top-center edge?

Please see the attached pictures.

Thanks!

Attachments

• top_center.jpg
    top_center.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 33
  • top_center_zoom.jpg
    top_center_zoom.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 33
  • front.jpg
    front.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 33
  • center.jpg
    center.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 33
  • top_right.jpg
    top_right.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 33
  • top_left.jpg
    top_left.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 33

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I know this sounds silly. Have you recapped the chassis? I did that to mine and fix a lot of the convergence issues I had.

dgame

Cheng's Errand Boy
10 Year Member
Yes, I did a Bob Roberts cap kit on it. Convergence was the same before and after.