Custom Arcade Cabinets from MAS systems

eaglesfan

Quiz Detective
I looked on their website and found some very cool arcade cabinets that they list to have the ability to play all JAMMA games, plus they can accomodate home consoles such as playstation, dreamcast, and Neo-Geo. Does anyone have any experience with arcade cabinets from MAS? How can they make an arcade cabinet accomodate home consoles like PS and NeoGeo?? IS there a mod for all JAMMA cabinets to do this?? The SAS-2000 was a very cool cabinet on the site with ability to detach monitor and the Super Pro Sticks. Any knowledge of these cabs or about the ability to play home consoles on a Jamma cab would be appreciated. I have heard such bad things with MAS systems and service, etc. Too bad, they seem to have really cool products and if run properly would be a good business. Are there any other companies that specialize in Custom built cabinets such as those on MAS's site?
Thanks.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Wirring a cab to play a home system would not be hard, and they have been doing this ever since the NES days (I remember picts of theses in EGM or Gamefan years and years ago)... If you are really interested in doing this, you can get it done a lot cheaper by buying your own cab and wirring it yourself, or having someone near you wire it. There are some things that will need to be done, i.e. the monitor would need some sort of converter to work with the system, and the control pad would have to be wired into the gamesystem controler plugs (so you could plug it into your system). I can not believe that MAS would be able to do this without some work by the end user. Sure you could get the video working, but control would be another issue. Then... how about PSX games that require the analog and digital stick (same for DC games) how would that be handled. I think it is a lot of hot air, there is no way that one cab could do everything without some work on the end users part... and if you are going to do it anyway, you might as well buy your own cab and wire it yourself.

-Nick

eaglesfan

Quiz Detective
I know that there is a Dreamcast Jamma converter which allows you to simply plug the console into the converter and play Dreamcast on any Jamma cabinet. I have seen them on ebay, etc. Are such converters also available for the playstation or other consoles?? It that case, I do not believe any rewiring would be necessary because it would be like changing any other Jamma board using a Jamma connector. If it can be done for the dreamcast, I imagine it would be done for any other console. If I could find such converters, then I would not worry about getting a cabinet with such ability--just a regular Jamma cabinet. Any idea where or if such converters exist?? Thanks for any info.

These web sites have the convertors.
smile.gif

http://www.lik-sang.com/msie.php3?dest=us&lang=en&curr1=usd&country=us&ref=&session=2c19baffad7cf6ae764ba673e382aad4

Email this site for a stocklist:

http://home.netvigator.com/~cosmicco/

------------------
"Good times!"
mslugx_endingpics.gif

eaglesfan

Quiz Detective
Thanks for the input. I found the info on the Dreamcast Arcade converter which looks awesome. I did not find any for the Playstation or Playstation 2?? Has anyone found any converters similar to the Dreamcast one only for the PS or PS2??
Thanks.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
$229? what a rip off! just go to the arcadeOS website and/or www.gamesx.com to do it. it'll cost like the price of two (or more) controllers and some wire.

Shapermc

Mai's Tabloid Photographer
You can buy analog joy stix for counsol convers from Happ Controls. you can also go to www.arcadecontrols.com for all your cabinet building needs. before I built my neo cab I had no experience but after help from the examples section from that site I have alot of experience and saved a shitload of money. Plus if any thing breaks I know how to fix it.

------------------
--Shaper MC
goods-adult5.jpg

--WHAT NEO GEO'S ALL ABOUT--
--BUY MVS ONLY--