Daily Check: What shooters are you guys playing ATM?

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
Been playing Aero Fighters II and III. Great games to play with a friend.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Been playing Aero Fighters II and III. Great games to play with a friend.

Hmmmm. I beg to differ.

Managing interactions with people is enough trouble as it is. The last thing I need is someone else there increasing rank.

MetalSlugVet

Another Striker
10 Year Member
I’ve been playing alpha mission ii on AES. I’m come close to beating it several times so I decided to keep playing and no other shoot em ups until I finally finish it

I also just purchased biometal on snes so that’s next. My new girlfriend has been giving me hell about playing too many games during the corona pandemic. I may be kicking her high maintenance ass to the curb!

NERDtendo

SouthTown StreetSweeper
10 Year Member
I picked up the PGM conversion carts and I have been getting acquainted with EspGaluda. I have never played it before. It’s pretty fun.

Also, playing Sengoku Blade for SotM...

Snappy

n00b
Aero Fighters 2... this is a new game to me and so far I am enjoying the quirky characters.

TLKrauser

n00b
sorry for SNK fan, the best one: progear no arashi! very difficult (for me) but so good to play! boss are crazy

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
I started Winds of Thunder last weekend. At first I was dying on the second or third boss, but today I got to the final stage (or at least the last one you can select from the map - I don't know if there are more levels after that).

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Cleared Winds of Thunder.

Bummer they don’t show your score after.

Pretty Amy

Loyal Neo-Disciple
10 Year Member
Just started Gradius on the modern Arcade Classics collection. I've done 1CC on the NES and PC Engine versions. Any suggestions for keeping the rank under control? Seems like the JP version of the game is easier?

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Just started Gradius on the modern Arcade Classics collection. I've done 1CC on the NES and PC Engine versions. Any suggestions for keeping the rank under control? Seems like the JP version of the game is easier?

DO NOT get a shield or 4 options, those things shoot rank through the roof.

yagamikun

Maxima's Barber
20 Year Member
Currently at no deaths until the stage 4 boss in Pulstar on Normal - Hope to finish it up by the end of next week 1cc. Then, onto 1cc Progear (can currently clear it in 5 credits on normal).

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
I’ve also been playing Sonic Wings 2 and 3 recently. I’ve got the 2nd on the AES and now I was able to scoop up a copy of the 3rd, so I’ve been practicing on the NeoSD. It’s an unpopular opinion but I prefer the 3rd better. The stages are shorter and it’s easier to memorize enemy patterns in the 3rd. The soundtrack is totally awesome with its Drum n Bass/Jungle inspired sound. It feels like it’s got a little more polish over the 2nd. I really enjoy both though, and you can’t go wrong with either game.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
I’ve been playing Neo XYX on the Dreamcast. Out of the three NGDev games I’ve played: Fast Striker, Gunlord and this, I’ve enjoyed XYX the most. It feels slightly unpolished here and there, but I like it so far. I do need to give Gunlord more of a chance though to form a better opinion on that one.

Last edited:

MetalSlugVet

Another Striker
10 Year Member
I hope to beat r type on Turbografx for the first time this week. I’ve been playing it for years just always get frustrated in the later levels but have played it a few days in a row and I’m very close!