Dare I say it? CTR is an awesome kart racer!!

BakuretsuMutekiSid

Zero's Tailor
There I said it. ;) Actually I stand by what I said 100%.

Have any of you peeps played this amazing game? I played a couple hours the other day and I was just blown away by the racing mechanics and brilliant colors! - that's what I loved about the Bandicoot games, the colors!

This game is better than MarioKart N64 and probably beats out the original SNES IMO. The way NaughtyDog implemented the Crash Bandicoot world into a kart racer was spot on. From the TNT boxes to using the woompa (?!) fruits.

All your favorite characters are there. And the race tracks have to be seen. I literally could not take myself away from the game, it was that good.

And Nintendo should learn from this game's use of the jump as well as the power slides. Man I can't wait til my multi tap comes in :buttrock:

acem77

Over Top Auto Mechanic
20 Year Member
great stuff

the best cart game if you ask me.:buttrock:

Freelancer

Banned
Word has it (according to the Official XBOX Mag) that there's an XBOX version on the way...

Darklighterx

J. Maximum Fan Club President
20 Year Member
You're like 4 years late d00d!
Good fucking game though. I bought it on launch with the multitap.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
I agree that it's the best cart game ever - I spent countless hours tearing around those tracks. Naughty Dog knows how to program for the PSX like nobody's business.

toy_brain

Amano's Drinking Buddy
Damn, I'd better start hunting through the 2nd-hand PSone games in my local GameStation again.
I'd allways passed this game by figuring that it would be a 'meh' clone of Mario Cart, but I think I'll give it a shot after hearing some positive feedback.

BakuretsuMutekiSid

Zero's Tailor
toy_brain said:

I'd allways passed this game by figuring that it would be a 'meh' clone of Mario Cart, but I think I'll give it a shot after hearing some positive feedback.

I felt that same way 100% dude! and I even had the damn thing in my possession!! LOL - I bought it soon after launch and really didn't touch it until just recently. To tell you the truth it was the Adventure mode that made me disinterested - it's because I saw them using gems again and was like SHIT MAN! (those gems were a pain in the ass to get in the regular games).

But after a couple more minutes spending on Adventure mode, this time around :rolleyes: I was having a blast! It was actually fun drivin around in this racing world and picking ones battles/races. I eagerly anticipated how the next course was going to be!!

This is the fastest Kart racer ever, even better than the SNES Mariokart classic! It's also tons more fun and also funnier. Did you know that there's a rear view mirror button in the race, and how fucking hilarious it is to watch one of the computer racers plow straight into a Nitro box!! ahahahaha LMAO And the stuff they say too! ahahah

If you guys don't have this in your collection I say you get up, right now and go out and fucking get one, pronto!! You say you don't have a PS1! Well the PS2 can play it, duh :loco:

Baseley09

Hair Group,
Super Sonic Racers owns them all........

The sequel Circuit Breakers aint bad either.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
I loved it when I got it a few years ago. The turbo system was fun and it seemed very well built into the game. Unfortunetly, not a lot of people took it seriously. But, I had some fun with it... maybe I should dig it out again? ;)

-Nick

Sythe

Ninja Combat Warrior
It is a good game, though I could never get into it as much as Mario Kart 64 (but then again I cannot get into most games asmuch as I did mario kart)

BC_Gambit

Beni,
Yeah, I played this game to death when I bought it a while ago. It looks at least as good as many (particularly early) PS2 games.

It is one of the only games I actually beat 100%. I can't recommend it enough to people who like fun games.

Get it, and play Rayman 2 (dreamcast version, preferably) while you're at it.

war_god

New Challenger
CTR was a good game in its day, but I stand by Mario Kart for the Game Cube. Nothing is better than the SHINE mode in multiplayer. Only thing I don't like is that there is no jump function.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Great game, adventure mode was very well setup putting an overworld into a racin game? wooo

Granted it a ripoff but I believe it tops Mario Kart in a lot of ways. Anyone played the new Crash Nitro Kart? Is that any good?

Crash Bash on the other hand...miserable Mario Party ripoff.

N2x

Chin's Bartender
It's solid but derivative, and aspires to be nothing beyond that.

Still, a damn fine sense of speed for a non-Wipeout PSX title.

Weevus

15 year old,
15 Year Member
It's a straight knock-off of you-know-what, but a damn good one.

I wonder if they'll continue the Crash series on the PS3?

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
My wife and I love to pop this game in even to this day. It’s a really solid racing game that is addictive as hell. Not very original but who cares…

Phoenix Down

Flagstaff Up,
20 Year Member
CTR is an absolute gem of a game, it's the best Kart Racer not named Mario Kart. The 4-player battles are the best use of a multitap for the PSOne.

Anyone who's even remotely interested in Kart Racers needs to pick this up.