Darksoft's CPS3 SuperBios Cart conversion service(MuLtI-GaMe)+Standard SH2 cart conversion

Velius

n00b
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seeing as you posted a picture of a Super Turbo conversion, I assume you're offering this service as well?

If so, I'm interested. I don't have PM privileges because I just registered but let me know.

Dion

Known Scammer, NeoGeoFreak Co-Founder
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That was basically just a proof of concept. It shows that the SuperBIOS can be used to write the SIMMS for CPS2 All-in-one pcbs to aid in revival of those once suicided.

Seeing as you posted a picture of a Super Turbo conversion, I assume you're offering this service as well?

If so, I'm interested. I don't have PM privileges because I just registered but let me know.

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
Rating - 100%
88   0   0

You know not the drama of what you speak. It would behoove you to remain silent on this matter. We do not deal in conversions or bootlegs in this forum.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Rating - 100%
309   0   0

Brand new and you're asking for conversions of games? Yea you won't last long.

necron99

n00b
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
A big thumbs up from me for Mitsurugi's services. I recently had Mitsurugi-w perform two cps3 security cart revivals one a custom SH2 and the other a normal SH2. He also performed battery replacements on 9 CPS3 security cards, 14 CPS2 B boards.

Everything was returned to me in perfect working order. The solder work was amazingly clean. He also worked with my shipping requirements. (I split shipments so all of my boards would not be at risk in one big shipment).

Dion

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A big thumbs up from me for Mitsurugi's services. I recently had Mitsurugi-w perform two cps3 security cart revivals one a custom SH2 and the other a normal SH2. He also performed battery replacements on 9 CPS3 security cards, 14 CPS2 B boards.

Everything was returned to me in perfect working order. The solder work was amazingly clean. He also worked with my shipping requirements. (I split shipments so all of my boards would not be at risk in one big shipment).

Evidence:

nd2c81.jpg

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered a super bios cart and CD from a seller in the UK but my machine is telling me that it can't read the CD and I'm getting nowhere. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Dion

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is common for the CD laser to get weak and not be able to read the CD-R. I would buy a new SCSI CD drive.

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
It is common for the CD laser to get weak and not be able to read the CD-R. I would buy a new SCSI CD drive.

Any chance at a future project replacement to this going solid state? I'm sure you guys have talked about it.

FreedomGundam

New Challenger
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Any chance at a future project replacement to this going solid state? I'm sure you guys have talked about it.
I would definitely throw money in that direction.

I have one of Darksoft's SuperBios cart done by Mitsurugi-W, and I couldn't be happier with it.
However, even though I have 2 SCSI drives and 2 separate SCSI cables, my CPS-3 setup is still very often flaky in terms of reading discs...

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Check out darksoft's blog, there was a post where he said he was able to use a SCSI to HDD adapter instead of the CD drive.

It would be nice if there was a patch to not even look for the CD drive and just boot from the simms, though I'm not sure that's even possible.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's the original drive from 1997 so that could very well be the problem. Since this was an Asian version of 3rd Strike that I imported from Hong Kong, does that matter with drive selection? Or just pick up any SCSI drive?

Dion

Rating - 0%
0   0   0

We have looked into it. And as stated above there are off-the-shelf solutions that work. They are a bit pricey it seems. If anyone finda a fairly affordable one then please share with the class.

It's the original drive from 1997 so that could very well be the problem. Since this was an Asian version of 3rd Strike that I imported from Hong Kong, does that matter with drive selection? Or just pick up any SCSI drive?

Any SCSI drive should work if the jumpers are set correctly. I bought refurbed units from ebay pretty cheap. They are much louder than the originals because of the higher speed (does not load faster, though) but they will last longer.

Last edited:

darksoft

DO NOT ASK ROT, FOR ACCOUNT DELETION, WHEN HE'S ON
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Just to make sure there is no missunderstanding, the only person authorised to install my BIOS in which I invested so much time and effort is Mitsurugi-w.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
Rating - 100%
325   0   0

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Does it work with everything? My CPS3 CD drive has been dead for a while now, this is interesting. Where did you get yours?

Seems to. I only tested 3rd strike. I got mine in codesrc's last batch for use with another system. I didn't realize it could be used as a CD drive as well, but after setting it to CD mode and writing the CPS3 iso to micro SD with 'dd', it works great. I'm going to pick up another when he does another batch, just to mount underneath my cps3 board.

Edit: as a bonus, you don't even have to hook up the molex power cable; it is low power enough to run completely off the SCSI ribbon cable.

Last edited:

Dion

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope they can get these made in bigger batches. I would love to pick up several for various projects.

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
I hope they can get these made in bigger batches. I would love to pick up several for various projects.

Michael (codesrc) actually just told me that he is switching from producing these himself, to having them produced in larger batches and manufactured in China. He expects the next batch may be ready as early as next week and told me he'd let me know.

Dion

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Michael (codesrc) actually just told me that he is switching from producing these himself, to having them produced in larger batches and manufactured in China. He expects the next batch may be ready as early as next week and told me he'd let me know.

When you find out let us know! Also, let us know where to order them. Thx!!