DB15 Atomiswave

Sho G.

Quiz Detective
10 Year Member
I'm consolizing Atomiswave and would like to know if there are alternative points of welding for DB15, not the jamma. The problem is that the metal lid would short the wires soldered on the jamma.

Sho G.

Quiz Detective
10 Year Member
I meant the metal cover as shown in photo:
72866231fv5_zps862e9d9a.jpg

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
That would be my guess. I left it off when I did mine.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
You can either cut the metal cover, bend it or just solder to the diodes if you have a steady hand since they're small.

Sho G.

Quiz Detective
10 Year Member
Ok, thanks for the info, I will try solder to the diodes. And if I can not, I will cut the metalic cover. I am using this scheme, is it right?
db15_laugh_zps36390a18.png

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Ok, thanks for the info, I will try solder to the diodes. And if I can not, I will cut the metalic cover. I am using this scheme, is it right?
db15_laugh_zps36390a18.png

That pinout should be fine for Atomiswave.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
The Atomiswave doesnt have a button 6, but if you wire it that way you can use a Neo stick with no issues. Button 5 will be wired to select. You won't have a coin button, but you can always set the aw to freeplay, that's what I do.

Sho G.

Quiz Detective
10 Year Member
The Atomiswave doesnt have a button 6, but if you wire it that way you can use a Neo stick with no issues. Button 5 will be wired to select. You won't have a coin button, but you can always set the aw to freeplay, that's what I do.
It would be a good solution. Button 5, is it necessary for many games?

Last edited:

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Not really, some of the fighters use it and Select on a Neo stick is inconvenient, but better than nothing if you aren't making a custom stick. I think all of the non-fighters use a 3 button layout that is assigned to ABC on a Neo stick, which is perfect.

I used an old gutted Madcatz fight stick and set it up like this:

ABCD
DE (E is the same as select)

This is a default button layout for most of the games, but 3 button games use the top row instead of the bottom row. I stuck another D at the top since i had a hole there and it makes it a good layout for a Neo as well, since the stick is compatible.

Sho G.

Quiz Detective
10 Year Member
Not really, some of the fighters use it and Select on a Neo stick is inconvenient, but better than nothing if you aren't making a custom stick. I think all of the non-fighters use a 3 button layout that is assigned to ABC on a Neo stick, which is perfect.

I used an old gutted Madcatz fight stick and set it up like this:

ABCD
DE (E is the same as select)

This is a default button layout for most of the games, but 3 button games use the top row instead of the bottom row. I stuck another D at the top since i had a hole there and it makes it a good layout for a Neo as well, since the stick is compatible.
Ok, I now the only pad that I have is the neo geo cd, but I want to make a custom stick later with all the necessary buttons. Neither I have any game (except the Sport Shooting USA), so I would have to wire it with all the possibilities.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Ok, I now the only pad that I have is the neo geo cd, but I want to make a custom stick later with all the necessary buttons. Neither I have any game (except the Sport Shooting USA), so I would have to wire it with all the possibilities.

Just FYI: Atomiswave is actually wired:

1 2 3
4 5

Meaning if you don't wire the fifth button, a lot of fighting games are missing a kick button.

Example: KOF XI

LP(1) HP(2) SP(3)
LK(4) HK(5)

You can go into the settings for many of the games and change the button layout, but not all of them... Like NeoWave, but don't even bother with that game, it's trash and made moot by the brilliant KOF XI.

So definitely wire the fifth button.

Sho G.

Quiz Detective
10 Year Member
Just FYI: Atomiswave is actually wired:

1 2 3
4 5

Meaning if you don't wire the fifth button, a lot of fighting games are missing a kick button.

Example: KOF XI

LP(1) HP(2) SP(3)
LK(4) HK(5)

You can go into the settings for many of the games and change the button layout, but not all of them... Like NeoWave, but don't even bother with that game, it's trash and made moot by the brilliant KOF XI.

So definitely wire the fifth button.
Thanks for the info. Good to know. Most probably I will solder as show in pinout, so that for games that do not require the 5 button I can use the pad of Neo Geo, and to those who need it I will use a stick with all the buttons. I was thinking of getting the Metal Slug 6, but if I see that it is very difficult, I'll take the KOF XI.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Thanks for the info. Good to know. Most probably I will solder as show in pinout, so that for games that do not require the 5 button I can use the pad of Neo Geo, and to those who need it I will use a stick with all the buttons. I was thinking of getting the Metal Slug 6, but if I see that it is very difficult, I'll take the KOF XI.

You can use the pad for games that use the 5th button since it's routed to the select button.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
You can use the pad for games that use the 5th button since it's routed to the select button.

Neo pads work fine, but I'd go into the settings of the fighters and make sure the fifth button gets moved to D, and dodge/roll/special gets mapped to Select. By default they'll be reversed, and having a kick on Select is no fun at all ;) It's totally fine for a roll or something, though.