DirecTV - Anyone having upscaling problems?

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
I used to have DirecTV in the past, and if you turned Native resolution off it would upscale to whatever resolution you set. I haven't them in awhile (a few years), they're apparently owned by AT&T now.

Anyhoo, the boxes still have the Native on/off option, but it does nothing. As a matter if fact, strangely on the home box if native is set to OFF, which usually allows upscaling obviously, it only outputs 480p regardless off what resolutions you have set.

Anybody know the magic trick, or is upscaling gone these days?

Last edited:

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
I think if you hit the info button, you can move over the tabs and set the output resolution, unless I'm missing what you meant.

SNKNostalgia

Aero Fighters Flyboy
Menu button on remote, select 'settings and Help', then select 'display', select 'TV Resolutions' and uncheck everything except for 720p and 1080p (if you have a 1080p set).

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
Menu button on remote, select 'settings and Help', then select 'display', select 'TV Resolutions' and uncheck everything except for 720p and 1080p (if you have a 1080p set).

It won't let me deselect 1080i, so it never upscales to 1080p or 4K (yes, it's a 4K box).

Unfortunately this means everything is 1080i besides the 4K channels

SNKNostalgia

Aero Fighters Flyboy
Weird, did you try turning Native off first? I am using the 1080p genie box at my parents while visiting right now. I have Comcast at my house and everything just runs at 1080p no matter what.