Does anyone have a candy PCB bay solution?

Neorichieb1971

B. Jenet's Firstmate
How do you store your PCB's in your candy cab?

Some of mine are pretty large and I try to store them vertically. There is no tray inside there and its all uneven with no support of any kind.

I was thinking about some sticky pegs/supports and cutting some wood to size to lay on top.. But I don't know where to get the sticky supports from.

Ive tried shoe boxes and EMS boxes, its not really ideal is it :oh_no:

My ESP ra.de went up against the metal siding once and the graphics all went funny and sometimes I clang the PCB against the PSU. Or I hit the PCB if the harness needs alot of force and suddenly releases. One day I am going to break a PCB at this rate.

Lashujin

Ghost of Captain Kidd
All three of my candy's have some sort of bay for this, usually a piece of wood flat on the bottom of the cab

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
Neorichieb1971 said:
How do you store your PCB's in your candy cab?

Some of mine are pretty large and I try to store them vertically. There is no tray inside there and its all uneven with no support of any kind.

I was thinking about some sticky pegs/supports and cutting some wood to size to lay on top.. But I don't know where to get the sticky supports from.

Ive tried shoe boxes and EMS boxes, its not really ideal is it :oh_no:

My ESP ra.de went up against the metal siding once and the graphics all went funny and sometimes I clang the PCB against the PSU. Or I hit the PCB if the harness needs alot of force and suddenly releases. One day I am going to break a PCB at this rate.

Are you trying to keep more then one pcb at a time in the cab..?

Neorichieb1971

B. Jenet's Firstmate
No only one PCB at a time.

My bays are completely empty. Where the test/service and degauss buttons are there is a metal block where some circuitry resides. I cannot lie the PCB's down because the metal will pierce the PCB so usually I lie them up against the right hand side wall. My Galaga88 is so big its really hard to find a sweet spot for it.

One time I did this with ESP rade and all the graphics glitched, it went fine when I moved it to a different spot and has worked ever since.

There are some rails on the right hand side, but my PCB's don't have correct dimensions. Maybe something is missing from my cab that seems to be in everyone elses. I have 3 cabs and they all have empty bays.

So really just need a flat base that is sturdy made of plastic or wood. The dimensions inside there would be kinda hard to work with though.

300wins

Conan The Librarian,
Neorichieb1971 said:
No only one PCB at a time.

My bays are completely empty. Where the test/service and degauss buttons are there is a metal block where some circuitry resides. I cannot lie the PCB's down because the metal will pierce the PCB so usually I lie them up against the right hand side wall. My Galaga88 is so big its really hard to find a sweet spot for it.

One time I did this with ESP rade and all the graphics glitched, it went fine when I moved it to a different spot and has worked ever since.

There are some rails on the right hand side, but my PCB's don't have correct dimensions. Maybe something is missing from my cab that seems to be in everyone elses. I have 3 cabs and they all have empty bays.

So really just need a flat base that is sturdy made of plastic or wood. The dimensions inside there would be kinda hard to work with though.

If you have a Neo candy cab like I do, then you are probably missing the wooden board that fit inbetween the metal railing, which the neo mobo sits on top of. You can see it at the very bottom (if you look closely) of this picture: http://www.arcade4home.com/candycab/MVScab-06.jpg

Neorichieb1971

B. Jenet's Firstmate
I have nothing but the shell of the cab. I might cut a few boards for the rails on the side and mount the PCB's that have feet to it vertically.

I don't know what to do with the Jamma's that have no feet.

Where can buy those screw things with space piping, then I could just mount PCB's to plexiglass or something and mount them vertically (if PCB's have holes).

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Happs sells a PCB holder...

That might work.

You can always buy PCB feet from happs.