Does anyone know where I can find the PC version of the original MK?

Garland Russell

Dodgeball Yakuza
Like, which sites are they selling those on? It's far better than the MK Deception Premium Pack/Kollcetor's Edition Disc. Why? There are 5 reasons:

1.The Pit's Fatality is synchronized with the character falling animation(no shortening),
2. The ending music doesn't drop out during the credits,
3. All of the background music stages are there(including the Palace gates), and they play at the consistent volume for every stage,
4. They have DIP switches(not exactly identical to the arcades, but they were there), plus they have customizable difficulty levels, and
5. There's no slowdown at all anywhere on that version.

I would appreciate all of your answers. And what about MK2? I'm not complaining about the MAT2 version, since that version turned out about 98% arcade perfectly. I also want to have that as a collector's item as well. ;) :) :buttrock:

not sonic

King of Typists,
15 Year Member
i have it on disk somewhere, i just have to find it all.

if i do manage to find it ill be sure to send it to you.

remember it is a very old dos game and you might have problems with sound and usb controllers, among other things.

KaedesDisciple

Angel's Love ,
20 Year Member
If not sonic can't find it let me know I have the o.g. disks right in front of me. Damn that was a great version.

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
I have the original disc somewhere as well, and need to remind myself to try it with Dosbox sometime. The PC ports of Mortal Kombat 1-3 were so incredibly good that it was mystifying. At that time, every other port of a fighting game to the PC sucked to the point of unplayability, and even the console ports of MK were nowhere near as good as the PC. It's like the gaming gods decided to play a joke on humanity.

Fortunately, Midway restored my faith in the universe by totally fucking up the PC version of Trilogy. :)

Garland Russell

Dodgeball Yakuza
Alright, It's now been six days. Kade's Disciple, If you have it, I will be glad to send you an e-mail containing my home address.

Chicago Cheeseburgler Crew

BANNED , Banned , Here's why
10 Year Member
GRUSS.jpg