Does the Ninja Masters Cart confirm there will be more Cart releases?

mlloyd

Morden's Lackey
Yeah, you guys are waiting all this time and they're just going to end up releasing Legend of Success Joe and Digger Man. The Super Ultra X exclusive editions of course.

This nearly one whole month of waiting has been really tough.....not tough enough to want to play Legend of Success Joe though! Hahaha not even a year of waiting would be enough...

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I honestly think they never thought of releasing any games. Most systems when launched have games already available for purchase. How long has it been since launch and not even one game can be bought.

bg1188

n00b
I honestly think they never thought of releasing any games. Most systems when launched have games already available for purchase. How long has it been since launch and not even one game can be bought.

thats cause other systems dont have 20 games preloaded on them. They wouldn't have included a free game cart if they never intended to sell carts in the first place. Or have a card slot at all.

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
I hope viewpoint is released with a save option.

BloodShed

New Challenger
I honestly think they never thought of releasing any games.
It wouldn't make sense for them to bother with an external SD card slot when they could have just included Ninja Master's on the internal memory.

Also, why bother with a custom resolution and 4 shoulder buttons unless they were planning for new games? Display would have been better for Neo Geo if it was 4:3 using native resolution. Meanwhile, both L1 and L2 are mapped to aspect ratio while both R1 and R2 are mapped to pause. Yet, they are physically independent buttons. Doesn't make sense.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
Also, why bother with a custom resolution and 4 shoulder buttons unless they were planning for new games? Display would have been better for Neo Geo if it was 4:3 using native resolution. Meanwhile, both L1 and L2 are mapped to aspect ratio while both R1 and R2 are mapped to pause. Yet, they are physically independent buttons. Doesn't make sense.

What if I told you...that this hardware is a remake of a remake of itself?

f90260_2196727.jpg

carnicero27

Mega Shock!!
thats cause other systems dont have 20 games preloaded on them. They wouldn't have included a free game cart if they never intended to sell carts in the first place. Or have a card slot at all.

that´s stupid. a new console never has games created. neo geo x gold has the games created since 20 years old. if the system has a very good sales, the games must be put on shops in 1 or 2 weeks.
this portable was release 1 month and 10 days ago and still no games to buy and not news about the titles will be release. only promises and more promises. what are they waiting for?

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I would have launched with the 20 pre-loads and have for sale MOTW, LB1 or 2 and Super Dodgeball and few more. They could have even sold them as genre packs or series packs on one card for games that might not sell that great ala carte like Super Sidekicks 1-4 on one card. I don't even get the Ninja Masters as a bonus. I think Sengoku 3 or Fatal Fury 3 would have been better.

I really want to back this system since it carries the Neo Geo name but Tommo/Blaze isn't making it easy with their lack of support.

crujones4life

Loyal Neo-Disciple
There is currently a huge poll on there facebook page (neo geo x page) about which games people want to be released. Svc chaos and motw are the current forerunners. Get over there and vote!

carnicero27

Mega Shock!!
There is currently a huge poll on there facebook page (neo geo x page) about which games people want to be released. Svc chaos and motw are the current forerunners. Get over there and vote!

the games MUST BE RELEASE are:
windjammers, neo turf masters, kof 96,98,99, 2000, art of fighting 2,3, aero fighters 2,3, puzzle bobble, savage reign, super sidekicks 2,3, ultimate 11, fatal fury 3, fatal fury real bout 2, garou mark of the wolves, metal slug 2,X,3,4,5.
if that games are not release this portable is a shit.

PS: svc chaos first place? only loosers wants this SHIT!!

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
My votes are for:

(1) Legend of Success Joe
(2) Mutation Nation
(3) Power Spikes 2
(4) Burning Fight
(5) Digger Man

These all should have been pre-loaded IMO. Shame, it would have been perfect otherwise.

ronald0

Crazed MVS Addict
My votes are for:

(1) Legend of Success Joe
(2) Mutation Nation
(3) Power Spikes 2
(4) Burning Fight
(5) Digger Man

These all should have been pre-loaded IMO. Shame, it would have been perfect otherwise.

Actually, Mutation nation is one of the 20 games included. Very strange that these other top titles aren't. Have to cast my votes for them on the official Facebook page.

Danthor9

n00b
Never played Matrimelee, but I hear so much good things about it! I'm kinda disappointed at the apparent lack of love for KOF '97, but that's because it's my favorite KOF. I don't think I could contain myself if that were released!

Lee Gray

I was playing matrimlee earlier, it looks good and plays good but for some reason I am not keen on it.
Viewpoint needs to be released as those polys use to look great, first time I saw a game in the arcade where it looked 3D especially those Caterpillar's

carnicero27

Mega Shock!!

tommo is a liar son of a bitch!
they has been lying with us since the begining. they never had plans to release more games than 20 on memory of the system. i think they never talk with snk to release more games if neo geo x gold get a very good sales.
if they has plans to release more games, when they saw the this portable was sold out in the first days, the new games could be release in the next 1 or 2 weeks of the release of the portable.

I really hope they will make more SD carts. If not I will buy myself a CMVS because I want to collect more games and play them, besides the only 21 games that are released on it!

The NEO GEO X Facebook and Twitter feeds have been doling out what are probably "teaser" images of upcoming game card releases, so I'm pretty sure we'll get more. So far the images have shown Sengoku and Top Hunter.

Lee Gray

I expect all the good games will get releassed once they start pushing the handheld standalone.

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
The system was released with 21 games, its not been out 8 weeks yet and people are forever moaning and impatient, when they release a new game it wont be what ppl want and the price wont be what ppl want, instead of people saying please release more game cards they should be saying only release game cards of game I like and at a ultra cheap less than 10 bucks...the moany fuckers lol

Ya, only 8 weeks. You need to remember that a lot of people only now getting into the Neo via the NGX aren't trying to 1cc the games. They are throwing continues around to pass the game, then they move on to the next game and the next. 8 weeks is a VERY long time in the video game market following a system launch.

Smarter business tactics would have been to release at least 4 games for purchase so the people buying the system would want to buy the 4 additional games at the same time or even offer it as a bundle. The flame is dying for the system, tommo needs to act soon before they lose the interest of the NGX owners. By the time they start releasing things, the NGX is gonna be fully cracked and people are just gonna use roms of course unless tommo listens and makes the games collectible.

I hope they aren't just sitting on their asses and waiting for the thing to be cracked open and then just say fuck it, next.

Professor Denim

Atro Ego
i like the concept of the system....and it works.
they do need to release more games for it.
Otherwise i'll get mine cracked.