Dogtag?

White Devil

Hardened Shock Trooper
I just began AES collecting like last week officially.

I'm seeing "Dogtag" and really don't get what the difference is between that and regular AES or even what it represents.

Insight anyone?

Last edited:

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Dog-Tag

A special Neo-Geo “Seal of Quality” that was added to the spine of early US Neo Geo carts by SNK USA (seals of quality were a popular trend started with the NES). The logo’s prominent feature was a rabid dog (taken from a magazine commercial), hence the term dog-tag. This was later replaced by the standard “Neo-Geo” symbol with “Advanced Entertainment System” written in the middle. Early European carts never used the Dog-Tag and instead used the AES symbol. See Euro-Tag

five seconds in google

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
Kids these days, can't do nothing on their own

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Easy answers... stupid questions....

It seems the "young batch" have no intention of researching first...

xROTx

PS. I am also in total ambivalence to this new set of n00bs...

White Devil

Hardened Shock Trooper
I usually do research stuff. More so than usual. But for some reason I assumed this wasn't something I'd find a reliable answer to through a search engine.

It's okay. I'll make it up to you. One day you'll all be proud. I swear it.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Dude...you've been here longer than me and yet you don't know what a Dog Tag game is?!?

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Dog-Tag

A special Neo-Geo “Seal of Quality” that was added to the spine of early US Neo Geo carts by SNK USA (seals of quality were a popular trend started with the NES). The logo’s prominent feature was a rabid dog (taken from a magazine commercial), hence the term dog-tag. This was later replaced by the standard “Neo-Geo” symbol with “Advanced Entertainment System” written in the middle. Early European carts never used the Dog-Tag and instead used the AES symbol. See Euro-Tag

five seconds in google

Lol

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
I usually do research stuff. More so than usual. But for some reason I assumed this wasn't something I'd find a reliable answer to through a search engine.

It's okay. I'll make it up to you. One day you'll all be proud. I swear it.

Only seppuku can restore your honor.

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
I just began AES collecting like last week officially.

I'm seeing "Dogtag" and really don't get what the difference is between that and regular AES or even what it represents.

Insight anyone?
Some of the early American AES games had them. They were a counterpart/competitor to the NES's seal of quality.

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
Some of the early American AES games had them. They were a counterpart/competitor to the NES's seal of quality.

Typical joe8, can't bother to read the thread and know that the question has been answered.

Dog-Tag

five seconds in google

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member

They should introduce a dumbass tag on here for people like you who can't read.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Not to be confused with Dogg Tags, which is when neodogg rubs his junk on a game. Both enhance the value and are great conversation starters.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
joe8time_test_zps4sztytto.gif

I owe Trippy some serious sex... I mean... my anus will never be the same:(

xROTx