DOOM 3 BFG Edition for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PC on 10/16/2012

Shawn Carr2o

6200|!!|Drillslug Driver
d3271206b.jpg

d3201449b.jpg

d3640432b.jpg

About time the Doom 3 games now feature the new armor mounted flashlight letting players illuminate dark corners and blast enemies at the same time. :)

DOOM 3® BFG Edition is the ultimate collection of groundbreaking games that defined the first-person shooter. This collection includes DOOM® 3, the Resurrection of Evil® add-on pack and also includes hours of new content - seven new levels entitled The Lost Mission.' In addition, all DOOM 3 content has been re-mastered for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 in stunning 3D for an even more terrifying FPS experience. As a special bonus, DOOM 3 BFG Edition will also include the original DOOM® and DOOM® 2 games.

•Optimized for Consoles
•Developed by id Software, the team responsible for the franchise legacy, DOOM 3 BFG Edition features 5.1 surround sound, Xbox 360 Achievements, PlayStation 3 trophies, improved rendering and lighting, and a new check point save system allowing for smoother progression through the game. id has fine-tuned the controls to bring the intensity of the DOOM single and multiplayer experience to the consoles, and now all DOOM 3 games now feature the new armor-mounted flashlight, allowing players to illuminate dark corners and blast enemies at the same time.

•Stunning 3D Visuals
•DOOM 3, Resurrection of Evil and The Lost Mission' have all been optimized in 3D for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, further immersing the player in the demonic world of this terrifying horror masterpiece.

•The Lost Mission'
•DOOM 3 BFG Edition includes an all-new chapter in the DOOM 3 experience - The Lost Mission' - which features seven heart-pounding single-player levels and a completely new storyline that will have players on the edge of their seats.

Last edited:

Jassin000

Frenzy Football Player
I'll be picking this up on PC... Then waiting for the retail version of the Occlus Rift hardware, dew out sometime next year.

IcBlUsCrN

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
I forgot about this thanks. I loved it on xbox and still play it. Not sure it really needed an update , ill take it anyway. Playing it in 3d at night with surround should be nuts.

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
I nearly shit my pants playing this game when it first came out on the PC. I was underwhelmed by the graphics of the Xbox port, but would like to replay this on the 360 (since I no longer have a gaming computer). So, count me in.

SNKNostalgia

Gal Ageise's Demon
This game practically had Xbox 360 like graphics to begin with for PC but the regular Xbox version had so much cut out graphically. Now they improved the rendering and lighting quality in it. Even my current laptop takes some slight frame drops when playing the 2004 PC version on high settings. Glad it is on the current gen consoles now.

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
I may have to try this out when it hits. I wasn't too impressed with the Xbox version and never had a PC that could run it.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I may have to try this out when it hits. I wasn't too impressed with the Xbox version and never had a PC that could run it.

I'm pretty sure if you didn't like it for the Xbox you wont like this version either, Xbox version was one of the best ports ever done, even Carmack was violently impressed with the Xbox tech and pushed for the port, he even did a lot of the work for it.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Price?

I'd like to take this game through a spin again.

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
I'm pretty sure if you didn't like it for the Xbox you wont like this version either, Xbox version was one of the best ports ever done, even Carmack was violently impressed with the Xbox tech and pushed for the port, he even did a lot of the work for it.

Well it might just be a rental then. The problem I found with the game, besides the infamous flashlight or gun issue, was the game wasn't all that tense or scary for me. I'm all for horror/scary games being dark, but it was pitch black to the point I wasn't scared just simply confused.

Gozer

Armored Scrum Object
Well it might just be a rental then. The problem I found with the game, besides the infamous flashlight or gun issue, was the game wasn't all that tense or scary for me. I'm all for horror/scary games being dark, but it was pitch black to the point I wasn't scared just simply confused.

I found that horror games like Doom 3 and Dead Space highly benefit from playing in 5.1 at high volume and being alone in the dark.

Try that if you haven't already.

I remember playing like 30 minutes of the beginning of Doom 3 on a friends pc when it came out and being absolutely floored. Unfortunately at the time I didn't have a pc that could run it. I picked up the xbox version and it's expansion when they were released and being pretty impressed by the port.

I'm thinking about picking up the BFG edition when it comes out to get the full Doom 3 experience.

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
so if you have a pc, the only reason to buy this again is for additional levels?
(i won't even acknowledge the inclusion of doom 1 & 2)

i bet it'll have a b.s. $59.99 price tag also. bastards!....

brings back memories though... i was the only one of my friends at the time that had a pc capable of running doom 3 decently. (had 2 nvidia geforce fx 5900 ultra cards running sli). i remember spending over $1,000 on those cards just for doom 3.

what's funny is my last netbook was able to play doom 3 just fine to. ;)

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I remember my bud bringing over a Doom 3 disc when it was new. He wasn't much of an FPS gamer, and neither was I, but I loved the old Doom games, and he loved Doom 3. I had to try it!

My PC said "LOL I can't play this shit!" I had a good time with the Xbox version a few years later. I would always play it at night, with the lights tuned out with headphones on.

So yeah, I'll probably be grabbing this.

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
I must be a pussy, because this game scared me while playing with headphones in the dark.

Say what you will about the stupid flashlight, and why it's dark in the whole game; that's why it was awesome. That plus, if you really think about where you are? You're on Mars, and everyone's dead. Hell demons are teleporting in and you are screwed. The end level where the walls started transforming to open paths to hell was fantastic. One of my favorite FPS ever.

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
I'll wait for the Steam sale :D

heck yeah ! they do a steam sale around x-mas time like that summer sale right?

on a side note, i hope google does another 'google play/market' sale again(20 cent apps)

Gozer

Armored Scrum Object
I'll wait for the Steam sale :D

I'll end up doing the same.

EDIT:

brings back memories though... i was the only one of my friends at the time that had a pc capable of running doom 3 decently. (had 2 nvidia geforce fx 5900 ultra cards running sli). i remember spending over $1,000 on those cards just for doom 3.

Just out of curiosity, do you recall the resolution and fps you got with that setup?

Last edited:

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
I don't recall the fps, but the game did play pretty smooth on medium settings. I remember trying to set everything to high and it did get a bit sluggish at times.

oh, and the cards were the 5900 Ultra 512MB versions. at the time Fry's was selling them for $549.99

I see you can get the 256MB version on ebay now for around $20... didn't see any 512's listed though

Last edited:

SpamYouToDeath

I asked for a, Custom Rank and, Learned My Lesson.
15 Year Member
I remember I ran it just fine on my GeForce 4 Ti4200. "Just fine" back then was probably something like 640x480@30fps, but eh. I was absolutely floored by the dynamic shadows and the physics simulation. I recall finding a light on a rope with a shade over it, and just plinking it with the pistol for a good 5 minutes - watching the shadows dance around the scenery.

I upgraded to a pair of GeForce 7600s the next year, IIRC. Much better framerates.

I've got a Rift coming in from the Kickstarter, so I'll be playing this when it's released. :drool:

Last edited:

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member

Haha, yes! My netbook can run Doom 3 at high/ultra settings at it's max resolution (1366x768). I remember when my old PC tower struggled to get meduim/high settings.

I also remember the Mac version being a buggy piece of shit, but I could still run it on my old G4 MDD.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I remember firing it up when it came out on my ATI Radeon 9600 PRO 256mb, went alright I thought lol. Though it was much better on the GeForce 7600GT later on. Still though I find the doom 3 engine boring and I wasn't all that scared. It's just a very bland FPS IMO. But then I'm a Counter Strike whore so maybe I just didn't think D3 was worth taking time away from CS.

Normdog

Kula's Diamond
10 Year Member
I'll probably get this at some point when it gets a little cheaper. The first Doom is still one of my all-time favorite games (and my old PC ran it o.k.).

Last edited:

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
I must be a pussy, because this game scared me while playing with headphones in the dark.

Say what you will about the stupid flashlight, and why it's dark in the whole game; that's why it was awesome. That plus, if you really think about where you are? You're on Mars, and everyone's dead. Hell demons are teleporting in and you are screwed. The end level where the walls started transforming to open paths to hell was fantastic. One of my favorite FPS ever.

......come here......

......fffffollow mee.....

.....c'mon hurry.....

....THEY TOOK MY BABY.......WAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAH kehhehehehe.....gurgle...goo goo....