Dynamo Showcase Cabinets

Kpj

Larfleeze, Wielder of the Orange Light. , formerly
Guys,

I'm looking to get an arcade cabinet for the home & have come across the Dynamo Showcase.

I've called them directly, but they are no longer being manufactured.

Do any of you guys have info on these units? How much are they worth (new/used)? Where could I find one?

Thanks alot,
Kpj

dynamo.jpg

demirichris

Hardened Shock Trooper
The problem you will find with these cabs is that if the monitor is not perfect it's not worth buying. The monitor would be a FORTUNE to replace at that size. Plus having to stand back that far kinda kills the experience for me. To be honest to me they seem to waist alot of space as far as the relation of size of cab to size of monitor.

Anyhow if you found one with a nice monitor I would assume your going to have to pay at least 800 for it. Now a replacement monitor new would be even more than that...

ShmengeTravel

Mature's Make-up Artist
One of those went on ebay, complete with Capcom vs SNK 2, for $200 dollars. I kid you not. :crying:

billd420

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
10 Year Member
ShmengeTravel said:
One of those went on ebay, complete with Capcom vs SNK 2, for $200 dollars. I kid you not. :crying:

I bought one with Guilty Gear XX in it for $450 locally. The thing had a full naomi set in it too. It was an absolute bitch to get into my brother-in-law's basement. The stupid thing didn't fit through the door, we had to take the door completely apart.

Its a cool cabinet, but a total space hog. If you have the room for it, I say go for it. Like Chris said tho, if the monitor is messed up (more than just caps), I wouldn't bother with it. However, if its got a nice monitor, I'd pay up to like $300-$400 for one (with no game).

-Bill