Earthbound opinions

mookystains

Chairman Kaga sez, "Dakis-san's the one who's goin
I have a copy of Earthbound.
Its my favorite RPG ever and it has my favorite soundtrack from any game, ever.
I LOVE EARTHBOUND.

2Heed

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
20 Year Member
mookystains said:
I have a copy of Earthbound.
Its my favorite RPG ever and it has my favorite soundtrack from any game, ever.
I LOVE EARTHBOUND.

Earthbound's soundtrack is great (and, at times, hilarious). There's a few times when you hear this ominous, high-pitched "dew-dee-dew-dee-dew" only for the music to completely stall and then come back in this low, booming "BWAM, BWAM-BWAMP". It just goes on and off between high and low, and it's beautiful in its simplicity. Not to mention flat-out wacky. And how about that scene in the lobby where your hear that woman "singing" while a pervert tries to rush the stage? This game has more personality than every other RPG combined.

Back to the music, though...my favorite track is the one that plays while you're riding your bike. I just LOVE that music for some reason. It's too bad you can't ride it after Paula and co. join up, though. I remember being able to ring a bicycle bell by hitting the L button, too...and it actually sounds authentic! (I had one as a kid...)

Runaway 5 groupie,
-2heed

wcmiker

n00b
The music really is phenomenal. I have so many favorites (track-wise) that it would be difficult to list them all, but for instance, the first four towns: Onett, Twoson, Threed (after you clear the zombies), and Fourside all have great tunes. The Battle themes, the Sky Runner theme, Hospital theme, Giygas's theme, I could go on and on...