Elecom JC-as01 Arcade Stick ??

Hine62

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I was in Tokyo and bought this stick: jc-as01

It's a pretty good stick and I'd would also like to use it for my PC. In the instruction it says it only works with Japan versions of Windows. Anyone know how I could get it to work with US Windows?

Oresama

Rugal's Thug
This is a potentially stupid question, but did you try it anyway? If it's plug and play, the joystick shouldn't be smart enough to know the difference. If driver installation is required dig up one of those FAQs for playing Japanese dating sim games on an English Windows PC. It will take you through changing all of the settings in Windows to make Japanese programs think they are being run under Japanese Windows. The main difference between Windows in the US, Japan, China, Korea, etc. is the language selected by default.

Hine62

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I did plug it in and load the drivers, but windows doesn't recognize it at all. Usually windows will pop up and say that new hardware has been plugged in.

I'll try the websites later...

shadowfamicom

Rugal's Thug
I've seen a bunch of these sticks for sale at places. How do they feel? How are the buttons? Have you happened to open it yet? Is it plastic?

Last edited:

Hine62

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Over all good stick.

This stick feels great. It's very similar to a neo geo stick. I wanted to play it on the PC, but I have yet to find any drivers for it. I did purchase it in Tokyo, so some of the online versions might be different. The problem is that US windows does not even recognize the stick when plugged in. I'll be putting it on PS2 as soon as I get mine back. I'll update later...

I did look at posts on other forums about this stick they were all positive.

If anyone has some idea about how I could get this to work great. If not I'll be replacing the board with a I-Pac from Ultimarc anyway.

Hine62

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
ok, after some extensive searching I found a manufacturer name in the drivers: Mayflash

lol... Stil don't have it working yet.