Euro Cup 2021 (and 2024)!

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Yesterday's Spain - Croatia was interesting, Spain plays the old tiki-taka shortpassing again. Croatia made it too easy for them.

But tonight is all about Serbia - England.

Moob Butter

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
Poland and Netherland is a pretty balanced game at 60 mins in, fun to watch from a tactical perspective.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Half-time Serbia - England. Early goal for England, the Serbs didn't look too good there but now they're increasing pressure and things are more balanced now, even though England is keeping them in check quite efficiently. This has potential.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
England could have had a couple more, but equally Serbia should have been on the end of a couple of decent crosses

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Hm. England switched to defense in the second half which is valid I guess but a bit lame overall. A draw wouldn't have been undeserved, Serbia played well and had some really good moments. Anyway, congrats, sweet Caroline and all.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
I'm not as convinced as you two that it was intentional

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Given that the net worth of the English team is a cool 1.7 billion Eurobucks, they should be capable of switching between defense and offense at will.

In theory.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Watching Belgium - Slovakia, about to end. Ref stole two goals from Belgium coz of techno backcheck bs. I mean, that off-side was a few centimeters, how on earth should a player stand so super accurate to notice? Then there was the alledged hand game. A hand game is a hand game if the player uses his hands for the purpose of giving him an advantage, which did not happen in that case, the ball just hit the hand and didn't even get affected by it.

What is the friggin' point of enforcing rules like that with technical means and interrupting the flow of a game? They have two line refs, a fourth man and one on the pitch, if they are too lazy or stupid to do their job they better go ref'ing chess games or summat.

EDIT:

They now have touch sensors in the football to check if there was a hand game.

Friggin' touch sensors... come the fuck on, man, what's that got to do with footie, that's bs.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
The decisions were correct per the current rules. I don't think it's possible for everyone to agree on the offside rule no matter what it is but yeah it's pretty ridiculous when it's a matter of inches.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Lots of interesting games today and tomorrow, gonna watch Scotland - Switzerland and Germany - Hungary. Also looking forward to Spain - Italy tomorrow.

I'm cautiously optimistic about Germany - Hungary. Good luck for Scotland.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Germany - Hungary was halfway decent to watch, good performance by Germany overall, defense seems a bit slow at times. Neuer is up to his form I guess, no probs there. Still not sure if that's enough to beat Spain or France but well, we practically made it through group stage so I really can't complain, given the road to EC which was quite some rollercoaster ride for us. SCHLAAAAAAND! :)

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
giphy.gif

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Scotland - Switzerland was awesome, Switzerland was the slightly better team but boy, did the Scots put up a fight or what, a win wouldn't have been undeserved at all.

Good ref, too.

Moob Butter

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
Holy fuck Scotland, 1-0 at 12 mins in. I creamed myself.

Okay it’s a draw, but much, much better form than the last match. Still in with a (small) chance of getting through to the next stage.