Experienced Neo AES modders -- Is this normal?

chewurface

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Hi, this is my first post to the forums. :tickled:

I recently decided to do an S-Video/BIOS mod on my Neo AES, serial number 000128. When I opened the system, the first time I ever had, I noticed something that looked odd to me. Other than the research I did on doing the mods I have never really seen the insides of a Neo Geo, but the pc board sitting on top of the memory card slot and the way it is attached to the system just doesn't look like something installed at the factory.

I took some pictures of the system board and the board in question. (The images are kinda huge)

Here is a picture of the board in question's connections to the system board at the other end of the cable.

Is this normal?

Drewmantrivia

Crazed MVS Addict
Mystery board.

I have the same type of board in mine. The response I got is that it was a repair that was done by SNK to fix a problem with the video output. I got it used and all I know is that it works. I had some extra foil shielding around my cables so removing the bios chip kinda sucked. Took some time but i got it out and popped in a socket pretty easily.
I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Have a good time modding it! Its been fun for me so far.

Drewmantrivia

chewurface

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Thanks for the replies! I had suspected it was some sort of repair job. Now I need the weekend to be here so I have time to do the mod. :glee: