Extra Component Inputs Required..

TrueTrials

Olly C,
15 Year Member
With the Wii coming up next friday I'm going to be needing some extra components inputs for my TV, currently I have one :annoyed: and I'd like maybe 3/4 since I need one for my 360 and Wii atleast then maybe my DVD player and PS2 aswell.

Now at the moment I have like 4 devices hooked up to an AV switcher box seen here and thats been perfect for coping with 4 RGB connections.

With Component there seems to be a simular box like this or this then a cheaper and more basic option like this.

Any ideas on what to go for and why?

Cheers Olly

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
When it comes to switchers I always say a few things.

-Will you have access to the switcher/back or TV/back of console? IF you want a more permeant solution, go with a nicer, "component" looking unit with hard buttons. Wire everything for a permeant setup and have the switcher in a easy place to reach. Done and Done, press the button and use whatever console/source you want.

-How interested are you in picture quality? Better switchers will do a better job. There is a limit to this but there is a difference between a $100 switcher and a $10 unit.

TrueTrials

Olly C,
15 Year Member
The TV is wall mounted so it pretty damn tricky to swap cables around especially component ones.. My current switcher sits underneath my xbox and since all the inputs are RGB they switch automatically when you turn a device on:

ConsoleSetup.jpg

That one I have has had no problems at all I plugged RGB stuff directly into the TV and it made no difference in my eyes to the picture than plugging it into the switcher and obviously where its located was pretty convenient (thats where the new one would go if I got one)

Video quality does matter to me but I'm not the kind of person who will buy $100 component cables or anything, so as long as it looks the same with the switcher as it does when I plug my 360 into the TV with component cables I'll be happy :)

Cheers Olly.