Extra wires on MVS memory card interface?

jekbrown

New Challenger
Ok, I have a on-line buddy that has a Neo MVS memory card interface that he might sell me...but we wanted to test it first. Of course, this requires installing it. There seems to be a large cable which plugs right into the normal interface port on my old style 1-lot board...but then there is a smaller seperate set of wires. Anyone know what these are for? Any ideas? Power? If so, what voltages? The headphone output seems to be accounted for...so I assume there are power wired, but its not the kinda thing you want to just "give it a try"!
wink.gif
Any info at all would be appreciated, thanks much!

Jason
jekbrown@yahoo.com

NeoGML

Fighting Artist
as far as i know, only the 2 slot models support the memory card feature... not sure though.

-=NeoGML=-

I know that the 2 and 4 slots both support the memory card interface but I am unsure about the 1 slot

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
My first 1 slot had memory card capabilities. Its one of the older models, and the only 1 slot that had that function.

jek, sorry I'm not sure about the extra wires, I think I have a scan of the documentation of that 1 slot model, lemme see if I can find it.

jekbrown

New Challenger
Yep, I have the old school 1 slot. I definitely has the port that the big ribbon cable from the interface plugs into. The only question is thos darn extra wires. If you could find some docs on it that showed what they were it would be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks much!

J

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
Here is as close as I can probably get. The picture is from a scan of a 4&6 slot manuel, but the memory card hook up should be similar.

mvs.jpg

The only thing that should be coming out are the audio wires, which you have already hooked up. The only other thing that I can think of is maybe a ground wire...? Hope this helps.