Fantastic XB360 Carrying Case!

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
I was looking for a good carrying case for my XB360, and found an interesting alternative to the cases specifically made for the X360. Usually the customized cases for new consoles are disappointing to me, so I thought I'd look for an alternative that wasn't made specifically for the X360. I figured there would be a laptop carrying case, backpack style, that might work for the X360 better than the cheapass commercial customized options.

So I checked out the laptop case aisle at Best Buy, and almost immediately found a backpack-style case that looked great for the X360. The case is made by Wenger, same manufacturer as the Swiss Army Knives, and looks like this (pictured case is already completely loaded with all X360 hardware described below):

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v130/chimpmeister/XBox 360/IMG_3180cs.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v130/chimpmeister/XBox 360/IMG_3186cs.jpg

So I picked it up and loaded it with everything that came in the premium package, plus one extra wired controller, and one extra video cable (s-vid). Everything fit perfectly with room to spare:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v130/chimpmeister/XBox 360/IMG_3176cs.jpg

Looks like this backpack could easily fit 5-10 X360 games in their original cases in addition to everything mentioned above. Overall it fits everything very well IMO, and the padding is excellent as well.

This isn't the cheapest case on the market, costs $84 by regular retail, but I had a 10% off coupon for accessories (by email, good thru 12/31 if anyone wants it sent to them by email), plus I had a gift card and Reward Zone coupons, so the total cost to me was only like $39. Since the other cases on the market seem to run in the $50-$60 range, and don't fit nearly as much plus aren't as well made, I'd say this is a good alternative for anyone looking for a case. The whole thing is fairly heavy when loaded up, but the backpack straps are heavily padded so it is fairly easy to carry around.

Here is the Best Buy link for the product:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7017729&type=product&id=1099393990756

Looks like bestbuy.com has it listed at 10% off right now too, about $75, which is a great deal for the quality of this product (it blows away the cheapass XB360 custom cases). Just thought I'd point this out to anyone looking for a carrying case for their X360. :)

Curt

apostate
Pretty cool.

I'm pretty sure I saw some sort of X360 carrying case today at Gamecrazy. It was up high on a shelf so I didn't get a good look.

BIG

sony fanboy
Why would anyone want to carry their 360 around?

The 360's got enough problems as it is.

B-

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
Curt said:
Pretty cool.

I'm pretty sure I saw some sort of X360 carrying case today at Gamecrazy. It was up high on a shelf so I didn't get a good look.

Here is the only X360 case Best Buy had available:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...CategoryId=pcmcat66900050003&id=1126591946480

This was a "sling bag" and had virtually no extra space, just maybe barely enough (if that) for the console and accessories. And it cost $50, not at all great based on its capacity and quality.

This also makes me think that every console carrying bag is crap compared to some other commercial alternative laptop-style case, like this one. I think this bag might even fit a regular XBox with all its accessories without a big problem, and certainly would have no problem with any other console + accessories. Top quality padded backpack, well worth the money IMO.

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
BIG said:
Why would anyone want to carry their 360 around?

The 360's got enough problems as it is.

B-

I like to be able to take it to friends' houses. Plus I already have a 2yr extended warranty, so I'm not worried about potential problems. Let it break, I'll just get it fixed/replaced as many times as it takes. :smirk:

TonK

Least Valuable Player
The best carrying cases for the Xbox and the Xbox 360 are the "G Pack"

I have one on each of my modded Xbox systems, basically to protect them, and I'm not too keen on a case for the 360, with that massive PSU and all...

I'm sure there are plenty of alternatives - it just seems you are really happy with the one you bought...

Kind of like the DS case I have...

And my PSP has not left my Playgear Pocket, well, for a few months now...

EDIT: I just noticed you paid $75 for that bag - did you even try the G-Pack?

SSS

neo retired
147199_front200.jpg

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
TonK said:
The best carrying cases for the Xbox and the Xbox 360 are the "G Pack"

I have one on each of my modded Xbox systems, basically to protect them, and I'm not too keen on a case for the 360, with that massive PSU and all...

I'm sure there are plenty of alternatives - it just seems you are really happy with the one you bought...

Kind of like the DS case I have...

And my PSP has not left my Playgear Pocket, well, for a few months now...

Which specific model are you talking about? I found some here:

http://www.gregorypacks.com/overview.php

Would you mean the "Traction Series"? Friom what I can see, the G-Pack bags are pretty expensive too . . .

The thing about this Wenger backpack is that it is heavily padded all around, made specifically for laptops, but fits the X360 fine in its center compartment. Even the shoulder straps are nicely padded, making it easier to carry around (the whole package is fairly heavy).

TonK

Least Valuable Player
chimpmeister said:
Which specific model are you talking about? I found some here:

http://www.gregorypacks.com/overview.php

Would you mean the "Traction Series"? Friom what I can see, the G-Pack bags are pretty expensive too . . .

The thing about this Wenger backpack is that it is heavily padded all around, made specifically for laptops, but fits the X360 fine in its center compartment. Even the shoulder straps are nicely padded, making it easier to carry around (the whole package is fairly heavy).

No no no... my bad - should have elaborated.

The "G Pak" is made by *drumroll* Naki - and I know the history that Naki has...

But these are GREAT quality for 50% less than the case you picked up (which is really nice in itself)

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=4324609

There it is...

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
SamuraiShodownSensei said:

:kekeke:

Fucking awesome.

Seriously, it's a big piece of dull shit thus far. DOA4, RR6 and PGR3 withstanding.
When's the next scheduled game coming out for it? Anyone who can tell me off the top of their heads without consulting the internet gets a cookie.

Wake me up when VF5 shows up on something.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Allien133 said:
owned.

that bag seems pretty sweet though. It's pretty versatile looking. Any system could fit in there well.
Needs a lid.

ferrarimanf355

Bullets QB
TonK said:
I have a G-Pack. I'm still trying to figure out where the power brick goes... :loco:

X

Y,
Loopz said:

Fucking awesome.

Seriously, it's a big piece of dull shit thus far. DOA4, RR6 and PGR3 withstanding.
When's the next scheduled game coming out for it? Anyone who can tell me off the top of their heads without consulting the internet gets a cookie.

So you like DOA4?

ferrarimanf355

Bullets QB
Loopz said:

Fucking awesome.

Full Auto hits on Valentine's Day. That's off the top of my head. Now where's my cookie, bitch? :chimp:

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
X said:
So you like DOA4?

erm...it's the best DoA thus far, which is a little like saying "That's the hottest female resident I've ever fucked at this nursing home."

Well, I've never been much of a DoA fan. I bought the Saturn version, the DC DoA2, and DOAU, and tried to get into each and every one...it just, I dunno, doesn't speak to me. This one seems very fast and offensive, and the counter timing is actually quite tricky now. I think it's the overly 'pretty' nature of the series that just leaves me wanting. All the characters just look like anime barbie dolls and it's really dull.
Even the male characters. It's such a Boog-level spankfest.

Tekken has a much more interesting cast, and the whole fucked up Mishima family clan story (Arrested Development meets Star Wars by way of Chinese Connection) just appeals to me much more.
Just my nickel.
The gameplay does actually seem much improved though, I must give them credit for that.

X

Y,
Loopz said:
erm...it's the best DoA thus far, which is a little like saying "That's the hottest female resident I've ever fucked at this nursing home."

Well, I've never been much of a DoA fan. I bought the Saturn version, the DC DoA2, and DOAU, and tried to get into each and every one...it just, I dunno, doesn't speak to me. This one seems very fast and offensive, and the counter timing is actually quite tricky now. I think it's the overly 'pretty' nature of the series that just leaves me wanting. All the characters just look like anime barbie dolls and it's really dull.
Even the male characters. It's such a Boog-level spankfest.

Tekken has a much more interesting cast, and the whole fucked up Mishima family clan story (Arrested Development meets Star Wars by way of Chinese Connection) just appeals to me much more.
Just my nickel.
The gameplay does actually seem much improved though, I must give them credit for that.

I agree. I have liked all the DOA games and this one is a one hundred percent improvement. I was just surprised that you like it considering from what you have said in the past.

All in all I believe that DOA 4 is one of the best 3D fighters and a lot more technical then the previous in the series if you can master the characters completely.

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
Quick update, I tried my modded XBox in the center compartment of this case, and it fit perfectly. So, the case will also work really well for a complete XBox package (system, cables, controllers, games). Also, I found the same case cheaper at buy.com, only $69 with free shipping (Best Buy retail is $84), here's the link:

http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=10393072&loc=101&sp=1

I'll definitely be picking up another one of these backpack laptop cases for my modded XBox setup. :)

EDIT: Found the case even cheaper at Amazon! Only $59 shipped:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...85222-2068620?n=507846&s=electronics&v=glance

Still looking around but that's a great price on a top quality padded backpack.

Last edited:

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
ferrarimanf355 said:
What about this case? Does the power brick fit? :conf:
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=4183769
EDIT: Loopz, I just found another reason to skip DOA4. The final boss apparently suffers heavily from SNK Cheap Boss Syndrome... :oh_no:
http://forum.teamxbox.com/showthread.php?t=406887

I've seen those metal suitcase style cases, and in general it seems like the clips are a bit cheap, and the overall fit and finish is cheap as well. Plus there is no flexibility like you have in soft cases, which can expand a bit to fit additional stuff.