Fatal Fury 3 Trouble (Neo CD)

snkfan123

n00b
Hello.
Do any of you own the Japanese version of Fatal Fury 3 for the Neo Geo CD?
If so, have you had any problem with your CD?

Well, I purchased the title from this guy on Ebay and it loads to the title screen. All the other modes work but when I try to go into title demo, it won't load and gives me this warning about copyright infringement. I know the game is a legal copy and not a burn.

I haven't had any problem with my Neo CD since it can play both US and Japanese CDs, but I was wondering if any of you have had the same problem?

Michael Yagami

I was wondering if I might get a rank with a Castl
I've never had any trouble with mine. I can't even begin to think what the problem might be.
Have you tried cleaning the laser and the disc yet?

Mike

snkfan123

n00b
Hey Guys!
I got the title demo to work.
All I did was go to "How to Play" first and then reset to the main menu, then went into the "Title Demo" and it works. Then, as long as my Neo CD is on and no matter how many times I reset and reload the game, it will work. I have to take a picture of the screen when it does that though because that was really strange and I know that it is a legal copy.

The disc is in near-mint condition but I do need to clean my lens though. I have had the system for 4 years and got it new from SNK. I have done my best to keep it away from dust and it hasn't let me down yet. Do you guys recommend any particular cleaners?

Forgive me if this is a stupid question, but how do you add an Avatar to your profile? I am a NooB although I have had this account since Oct. I just never used it until now.

<small>[ March 27, 2003, 11:44 PM: Message edited by: snkfan123 ]</small>

Michael Yagami

I use a Q-tip and rubbing alcohol to clean my lenses.

Mike

snkfan123

n00b
Thanks for the tips Mike.
By the way, I'm Dwight.
Forgive me, I am a NooB to this forum.
Although i have had this account since Oct., I never used it.
By the way, how do you add an Avatar to your profile?

Michael Yagami

snkfan123:
Thanks for the tips Mike.
By the way, I'm Dwight.
Forgive me, I am a NooB to this forum.
Although i have had this account since Oct., I never used it.
By the way, how do you add an Avatar to your profile?
As soon as you clear 50 posts you'll be able to select an avatar.
Don't sweat being a noob, we were all there at one point or another. Hope your FF3 works out.
Welcome to the forums.

Mike

RichardDark

Overtop Pathfinder
About thats text thats comes by your CD.I know thats problem it was by the first realese.As they have make the CD's there have been some kind of error.I had one of those too,every time i fnished the game there apperaed the text "This CD is a copy!All saves will be deled!" or someting like thats.They have fixed thats problem by the 2nd realese.

gt6plus

Another Striker
20 Year Member
Yep, same thing happens with my Japanese FF3 on a Japanese Neo CD. It isn't your usual disc I/O error but rather a color text message. Very strange.

snkfan123:
Hello.
Do any of you own the Japanese version of Fatal Fury 3 for the Neo Geo CD?
If so, have you had any problem with your CD?

Well, I purchased the title from this guy on Ebay and it loads to the title screen. All the other modes work but when I try to go into title demo, it won't load and gives me this warning about copyright infringement. I know the game is a legal copy and not a burn.

I haven't had any problem with my Neo CD since it can play both US and Japanese CDs, but I was wondering if any of you have had the same problem?

snkfan123

n00b
gt6plus:
Yep, same thing happens with my Japanese FF3 on a Japanese Neo CD. It isn't your usual disc I/O error but rather a color text message. Very strange.
Yeah, I guess that's it.
When I purchased my system directly from SNK 4 years ago, they told me that the systems they were selling were new Japanese systems that were converted to play titles in English.

I have always wondered, where does that Disk I/O error come from? I get that every once in awhile. This was the first time that I saw the color text message, though. Man, I have to get a cart system!