Favorite Joystick to Play With

ShootTheCore

Genam's Azami Sharpener
I'm on the market for a new Neo-Geo joystick. I've tried both the original SNK AES joystick and the kidney-bean Pro Stick, but I'm curious about people's experiences with third-party sticks. Has anyone tried an Omega Joystick? Any other sticks I should take a look at? :thevt:

I know how this sounds - the jokes write themselves... :thevt:

ulyses31

Crazed MVS Addict
You should also consider the Hori Fighting Stick, as per me it's better than the old style or the bean.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
I prefer the old Happ sticks on my mvs cab.

SuperMegaUltra

Geese's Thug
I was fortunate enough to purchase a pair of original SNK Neo•Geo AES joysticks that had been modified by Neo-Geo.com member dubdubdub with new Sanwa parts, as seen here, and they are absolutely incredible.

BerryTogart

Bolt Thrower.,
My LemonyVengeance custom modded cthulhu mod cowboy bebop sanwa parts stick

kraquepype

Armored Scrum Object
I'm using modded Agetec DC sticks for my supergun to play my MV1B. They feel great but games other than fighting suffer. The original sticks are still fun to use.

kraquepype

Armored Scrum Object
I was fortunate enough to purchase a pair of original SNK Neo•Geo AES joysticks that had been modified by Neo-Geo.com member dubdubdub with new Sanwa parts, as seen here, and they are absolutely incredible.
I saw his build thread a while back. I like the standard buttons, but how do the 24 mm feel?

itsofrustratin

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
The Analogue Arcade stick looks pretty awesome if your looking for something for just Neo games. I've been tempted to order one

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
I got a couple of old style stick modded with Sanwa parts, they are fine.

Archdesigner03

Camel Slug
10 Year Member
I tried all the snk and hori joysticks. Quite frankly, they all sucks even with the sanwa mods. That's why I have decided to build my own with japanese arcade specs.

01.jpg

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
The Analogue Arcade stick looks pretty awesome if your looking for something for just Neo games. I've been tempted to order one

creativearcadejoysticks_1.jpg

ShootTheCore

Genam's Azami Sharpener
Archdesigner's stick looks amazing, although cdamn's stick looks more like one I can afford.

Wow, that totally makes me sound like I'm man-whore shopping down on the corner...

I like the design of the original SNK stick quite a bit - I'll have to keep an eye out for some Sanwa parts to upgrade the one I already have.

Anyone tried the Omega Stick? It looks like a great stick, and the ability to use it with my PS3 and PC as well is a nice perk.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I don't have a fancy custom stick with "Japanese arcade specs" like the National Park guy up top but instead I have one of these which he claims suck. I like it.

Last edited:

kraquepype

Armored Scrum Object
i'll get to work on that design from my new workstation.

pizza-box-computers.jpg

pizza-box-case-mod.jpg
So that's the "pizza box" form factor :p

Another stick to consider is the old MAS arcade sticks from the 90s. Always wanted one of these, or to make one since the design is pretty simple. You have to like happ style parts though.

mas1.jpg

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Says Hori sticks with Sanwa parts sucks. Displays joystick made with Sanwa parts.

Seems legit.

Hey man, he's in the "Neo Geo Joystick Club".

You probably got denied a membership. I know I did.

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
wireless?

aand pinstripes? oof bet its expensive!

why'd they put the unicorn stuff on mas sticks?

I put buttons in my old styles and bigger balls to match! Thanks again to 2dmeister for giving me the replacement plate for the one I opened the gate on too much. I wonder how aha liked it? pm time!

ShootTheCore

Genam's Azami Sharpener
wireless?

aand pinstripes?

What's involved in making a wireless joystick? Can you convert an existing stick? It's a pity neither the Analogue or Omega are wireless.

Looks like Sanwa parts are the gold standard. I'll have to research retrofitting Sanwa parts into the original AES stick I already have.

Larrs888

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Due to tight funds at the moment I'm content with the CD controller but I would love to get one of those Jensen's Customs Panzar Fightsticks, they look stunning. Apparently you can have them made to work with the Neo and a plethora of other consoles which would be really cool !