ff 11 information

iamrandyray

Armored Scrum Object
i'm thinking of thinking this game
i'm have reviews for it

is it true that the quest are boring?
such as delivery letters around to caves?

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
I don't find it boring at all.

I think it's a blast.

Although Quests and Missions can be time consuming, but isn't that the point?

It sure as hell woudn't be fun if you could do everything in a matter of seconds...

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
It's an MMORPG, so of course leveling up is going to take much longer than in standard RPG games.

Remember, you're suppose to log in hundreds of hours into games like these, not 50-60.

And it also depends on what class you choose, where you play, how you play (solo or party) and if you play with people who know what they're doing.

But still, certain classes level up fairly slowly, while others go much faster.

It's all very open-ended.

iamrandyray

Armored Scrum Object
how are the equipment in this game
are there many
and does everything make you look different?

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
The PS2 hard drive is coming out soon and when it does it will come pre-installed with FFXI for 99 bucks.

But a network adaptor, a USB keyboard (or a cheap ps/2 to usb keyboard if those work for ps2) AND the monthly fee and probably one of these new wireless ethernet splitter things they have and thats alot of damn money for one game.

http://www.nyko.com/pr/products/netextender.htm

Nick Goracke

I'm still around!?,
iamrandyray said:
how are the equipment in this game
are there many
and does everything make you look different?

There's plenty and it completely changes your appearance.

This game is fun for a little while if you play on your own (put 30 hours into it last year before I got worn out), and fun for a lot longer if you play with friends.

Ghost-Dog

Presented by the Florida Department of Economic Op
20 Year Member
The game is all about getting into a good Link Shell and playing with cool people. Yes, it looks better than any other online RPG right now, and yes, it has a better storyline as well. It's the people that keep you coming back though, if you play solo all the time you are bound to get bored eventually.

Ghost-Dog

Presented by the Florida Department of Economic Op
20 Year Member
Sure is, hanging out in front of the Auction House in Sandoria. He's a level 11 Warrior/level 3 White Mage.

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
FFXI caters to many different playing types as well.

You can solo, party, work on your crafts, item hunt, collect Gil to build up your characters spells, weapons, armor, etc...

I personally find the solo life to be quite pleasing at the moment.

I've raised my little Tarutaru White Mage all the way up to level 10 so far without much hassle, and it's been a blast.

(most people do look at me weird when I say I'm going solo as a WHM though...)

Hell...I haven't even done a Mission yet. I've teamed up with a few parties, but never really got too far with them.

I'm sure eventually I'll feel the need to do so, but at the moment I love just running around, collecting Gil, doing Quests and finding items to use for my Crafts.