FIGHTER OF DA MONTH - October - SF Alpha 3 Wins !

Don

Camel Slug
So, I'm thinking we should start this off with 3 fighters from 1998 - KOF 98, SFA 3 and Soul Calibur.

I really don't want this to be about high scores. I'm hoping to get people to focus on a single game and talk about favorite characters, boss tactics, combo techniques etc.

Poll is Closed STREET FIGHTER ALPHA 3 Wins

View attachment fighter poll results.bmp

SFA trans.png

Last edited:

ECZangief

The Real Al Bundy
V. Zangief can fly 3/4 screen and smack you in the face for half a meter.... A3 is ok by me.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
I have to go with 98'.

mr_b

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
I like the idea. What I would definitely like to see is some GGPO or something that is current-gen online capable and getting some lobbies going.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
If I could vote .. I would go with KOF98

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
I think the first fighter of the month should be Martial Champion or Karate Champ.

while kof 98 is the best version imo. I picked alpha 3, because why not, its a sleeper in my eyes, most people love alpha 2 but I like 3!

whisper2053

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
Voted '98.

A question Don... you didn't really specify how long the voting would go on for. Got a timeframe in mind for this?

Don

Camel Slug
I was going to close the poll at the end of the week on Sunday (10/6/13)

I think it's safe to say either alpha 3 or kof 98 will win.

98 alpha.png

Voted '98.

A question Don... you didn't really specify how long the voting would go on for. Got a timeframe in mind for this?

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
Somebody give soul caliber a pitty vote...

Done.

Obviously Soul Calibur was an amazing game when it was released, and it's probably the only 3D fighter I still play (well project justice and tech romancer still get love too but that's besides the point). The way my friends and I used to play SC was to make ourselves invincible and try to force each other to Ring Out. Some of our Matches went on for hours..........

It was cool seeing all the special moves and holds and how it doesn't matter how much damage they do, you just hoped it would get the other guy just that much closer to the edge.

My wife tried this game for the first time last month, for a total noob, this was a fun way for her to get into it, as I obviously couldn't decimate her, even with my experience in the game. She actually RO'd me more times than I did to her :lolz:

trenog

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
Now does Alpha 3 Upper count or is it the black sheep that no one loves? ;)

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
I'm really surprised A3 is doing as well as it is.