fighting against Mr Karate

firebomber

Astra Superstar
I played this guy using Mr. Karate today and I couldn't beat him no matter what I threw out.
He played completely defensively. If I jump in it's either his uppercut, or that damn standing B kick. If I try to keep my distance it's fireball after fireball. He has a counter for just about everything.

Anyway, any tips for beating him? I'm using Shiki, terry, and V. Ken.

K_Dash

Zero's Tailor
Hehehehe, and that is why I love using Mr. Karate in the game. Like you said before, he has a counter for almost any type of attack. The only thing that he doesn't have is high priorioty attacks like some of the characters in the game like Terry and Iori. However, there are ways to beat a Mr. Karate user and that is not to fight him far, you have to fight him mid-range to stand a chance. Also, if you want to jump at him, do a short jump instead of the normal jump, your opponent will have less time to react to your attack when you do this.

Other than that, just practice with your characters.

Diavle18

Banger regnaB,
Don't jump on him too much unless you are certain you're hit will connect. Your main damage will be done by super jumping over his fireballs and hitting/comboing him.

All you have to do is avoid his DP super and you're good. Trap him in the corner and he won't go far, should be especially effective with Terry b/c of his jD, sD, QCF+A and Buster Wolf.. Shiki's teleports will do fine too when he fireballs.

I suggest using Kim or Kyo, he's a piece of cake with them.

Last edited:

firebomber

Astra Superstar
Thanks for the tips guys. I'll go back tomorrow and see what I can do.

Going to focus on setting up corner traps with shiki as she's pretty good at that. Also going to make it a point not to jump hardly at all and instead teleport and see what happens.

Rodi

Crossed Swords Squire
Shiki should be slightly easier against those other characters you mention IMHO...

See cos most of the time my Shiki could beat a Mr Karate player but not my other characters :(

If he consistantly spams the fireball... judge your time right and do her qcf+A... if it hits obviously followup with f+B ;)

Also you could do her super or exceed to go under the fireball and hit him :)

if you're risky though... when you know that he's gonna throw another fireball ... teleport with a "C" and appear right in front of his pathetic face and do a mean combo from there...

Do a qcf+K from time to time when you corner him or near him...
This compliments well with her qcf+A as it confuses the opponent :D

Well thats just my advice^^