FINALLY ... Dexter on Blu-ray

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Great show.

I don't know if I like it enough that I'd buy box sets of though.

Pretty hyped for the finale tonight. Interested to see what happens as far as the whole Miguel vs. Dex thing. I'm sure it will be a huge cliffhanger for next season.

Also HBO needs Rome and Deadwood BD sets asap, I would pick that shit up on day one

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
because I do too

galfordo do you find parallels between you and Dex

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I'm not going to bother watching the episodes again. Dexter is a cute show, but in no way realistic, or awesome.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
galfordo do you find parallels between you and Dex

yeah, the comparison has been made by others

i don't have the talent to get away with slicing up slimeballs though :crying:

KagerouSama

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
15 Year Member
Why I stopped watching Smurfs.

Ah-ha-ha-haa!!!

Then you didn't see the season when Gargamel retired to watch the Price Is Right, took Bob Barker's advice, and had Azrael spade or neutered.

After that? It was easy street for the Smurfs.

Those blue devils started manipulating their currency value and cheapening labor costs to export to other countries.

The balance check was gone.

Their numbers did eventually vanish.

That happens when there's only one adult female Smurf.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
what sucks about Dexter is that you want to see people get maimed but instead we get some really boring characters and blah blah and then at the end it's like Oh cool now something's gonna happen, but nope, they skip that shit and man whatever Dexter can go suck a dick

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
what sucks about Dexter is that you want to see people get maimed but instead we get some really boring characters and blah blah and then at the end it's like Oh cool now something's gonna happen, but nope, they skip that shit and man whatever Dexter can go suck a dick

ok leslie :rolleyes:

*yes, i used the rolleyes smilie, i fucking went there

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
I was so far behind in Dexter, I had four left on my TiVo. I watched one last night and three today. I enjoyed the third season a lot. I love the feeling of suspense I get from watching Dexter.

I was kinda avoiding this thread until I got caught up, but now I see there were no spoilers. Just didn't want to take a chance like that.

I'll most likely get the BD set when it comes out on Netflix.

Last edited:

IoriYagami n8

Genjuro's Frog
Awesome. Out of all the shows I watch Dexter is the best thing on TV right now. I was very concerned with Season 3, but completely taken by suprise at the quality the show maintained. I think the last episode worked more of a wrap up and lead in to the next season (making it the weakest of the season) but it was still good. Hell, the second to last episode completely rocked my world. I loved the Prado character, I was very concerned that adding such a character would ruin the series, boy was I suprised. Didn't see the twist coming at all. I pretty much knew he wouldn't be a stay on the series, but I had no hint as to the complexity of his character and how far that went. Completely shocked and completely sold. I loved every minute of it. Smitts did a absolutely fantastic job!

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
I thought this season, while not as action packed as the previous, was really good. The last episode was kind of "blah", but I guess that was to be expected. Can't wait for next season (maybe that's why last season was so much more suspenseful, we didn't know if the show was coming back where as this time we did).

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Why I stopped watching Smurfs.

When did you stop? yesterday?

When I talk about Dexter and being unrealistic, I mean in comparison to The Wire, where the story and events are more true to life. Dexter is a cutesy show. I still watch it. Just don't have an inflated opinion of it.

Segata_Sanshiro

Tesse's Maintainence Man
15 Year Member
It's a good show, at least compared to what else is available (lol Cold Case, and all procedurals except CSI: Miami, which is amazing for the wrong reasons).

Shame Pushing Daisies got canceled, I mean I won't lose sleep but the sets were great. That show really used the visual element of TV.

I just hope 30 Rock and Mad Men do not get the big ugly axe

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
When did you stop? yesterday?

When I talk about Dexter and being unrealistic, I mean in comparison to The Wire, where the story and events are more true to life. Dexter is a cutesy show. I still watch it. Just don't have an inflated opinion of it.

Reality is boring. The Wire is a great example of this.

Yeah, Baltimore is a shithole - we get it.

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
i don't have this on bluray (no tengo bluray playa)
but i just bought this on dvd.
looking foward to watching it, my friend told me it's great and I'm really getting into
the showtime series. Loved californiacation, anyone watched the L word?
should I feel funny watching it if i'm not a lesbian? i saw it on sale at target not to
long ago at target for 20 bucks season 1.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Reality is boring. The Wire is a great example of this.

Yeah, Baltimore is a shithole - we get it.

You don't get it, but that doesn't surprise me. Dexter requires more suspension of disbelief than I can offer.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
You don't get it, but that doesn't surprise me. Dexter requires more suspension of disbelief than I can offer.

yes wasabi, everybody who doesn't like the same things you like just doesn't get it

it doesn't surprise me that you consider yourself too 'hardcore' for dexter, lolz

the wire is an overrated sleeping pill of a show

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
yes wasabi, everybody who doesn't like the same things you like just doesn't get it

it doesn't surprise me that you consider yourself too 'hardcore' for dexter, lolz

the wire is an overrated sleeping pill of a show

I hate the wire too. But it's more realistic than Dexter.

And yes, I am the most incredible person here. If you don't agree, you can go fuck yourself.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
I hate the wire too. But it's more realistic than Dexter.

And yes, I am the most incredible person here. If you don't agree, you can go fuck yourself.

with this logic i cannot argue

however bobak does not take kindly to those who challenge his supremacy, even when it's indirect

just watch your e-back is all i'm saying

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
with this logic i cannot argue

however bobak does not take kindly to those who challenge his supremacy, even when it's indirect

just watch your e-back is all i'm saying

Bob's almost married. He has someone to hold him back. I am a sword without a sheath. I will cut down all that stand before me.