Firefox Bookmarks?

oldschool

Cock Killer with Ice D,
I used to have a bunch of sites bookmarked on Firefox, but when I checked the other night, everything was gone. Why would they just delete themselves like that, and is there any chance to get them back? :(

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Yeah, Firefox did that to me one time as well. Haven't really gone back to it since, I was so pissed.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
ki_atsushi said:
Yeah, Firefox did that to me one time as well. Haven't really gone back to it since, I was so pissed.
What browser do you use now?

Wankinov R

Banned
oldschool, I advice you to install Firefox bookmark synchronizer plugin:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/2410

It's one of the first plugins I usually install on every fresh Firefox installation ever! (you have to register though)

Extremely useful when you bookmark several websites at work and you eventually access them at home without any hassles! :)

Screw IE, Firefox 4 life! :D

oldschool

Cock Killer with Ice D,
You have to register some new application just to stop this bullshit from happening? I lost a TON of bookmarks, probably about a few hundred I'm guessing. I'll never be an IE fan again, but this just sucks. :(

zombiesara

, She-sagwa
ki_atsushi said:
Mac = Safari

PC = IE7

The question is: Should we have to do that in the first place?

no not at all, but if you have THAT many links, that are all semi important to you, its just the right thing to do....
you never know what's gonna happen.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
zombiesara said:
no not at all, but if you have THAT many links, that are all semi important to you, its just the right thing to do....
you never know what's gonna happen.

Yeah, I wish I would have made a backup before it happened. On the other hand, I was able to find all of my links again without much trouble, most of the sites I bookmark are ones that I visit regularly and really can't forget.

The other guy though... that's rough. It sounds like he bookmarked everything.

BoriquaSNK

His Excellency BoriquaSNK,, The Ambassador of Appl
15 Year Member
dotMac will sync (and backup) your bookmarks automatically as will your iPhone (if you have one).

I use Camino on the Mac and it's erases my bookmarks at least once every three months ever since 1.5 came out.

If it wasn't so much faster I'd drop it for Safari.

Also, del.icio.us is your best friend.

Soniku

Mai's Tabloid Photographer
My Dad and I had this same problem about a year ago as well (approximately a week apart)... I'm not quite sure of what causes it, but it's total bullshit...

I didn't think this sort of thing happened anymore since the past few updates though... I haven't run across it at least.

I know Firefox doesn't store it's bookmarks into individual files like IE does, I'm guessing it uses a database file, but I can't seem to locate it... The only way to backup your bookmarks is by exporting them into an HTML file it seems. I'm guessing that database file gets reset when shit goes wrong with Firefox... Not exactly the smartest thing, especially since it doesn't seem to have a backup of any sort.

BoriquaSNK is right though, del.icio.us is pretty useful, but you won't always feel the need to put everything that you find in there, or even want to/feel like it for that matter... :eye: :eye:

My del.icio.us page for poops and chuckles. I've hardly updated the stupid thing in the past year because I always forget to.

Foxmarks looks interesting, I'm going to mess with it later.

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
This shit has happened to me in Camino a few times as well. Pisses me off.
Then I go right back to it...:crying:

BoriquaSNK

His Excellency BoriquaSNK,, The Ambassador of Appl
15 Year Member
Loopz said:
This shit has happened to me in Camino a few times as well. Pisses me off.
Then I go right back to it...:crying:

It REALLY pisses me off too...yet I just input them in again as though nothing happens.

What's wrong with us man?