Fist of the Northstar - great action scenes but many loose ends

BakuretsuMutekiSid

Zero's Tailor
Like how the hell did the fighters get soooo big when there was hardly any food or water, ahahahah. WTF. I don't know it's just too silly and blatant. And there's a couple scenes with them riding motor vehicles. I thought all the natural resources were used up! And HOW IN THE WORLD could that tiny little girl (with the pink hair) keep a size 30 shoe from crushing her??

I know I know, it's only an anime. I mean the guy can walk through fucking buildings and everything but...

Don't get me wrong the fight scenes are the best as well as classics! Just too many silly things around it that detract from it. I enjoy watching it very much but can't help but laughing at those parts I just mentioned :o

edit: perhaps the manga addressed some of these issues?

BRANDI

Franco's Trainer
20 Year Member
Come on... It's the best anime ever... or, at least, my fav...

And now it's time for the brand new "Shin Fist of the North Star"...

Can't wait to receive my episode 1 DVD...:drool_2:

R

robert

I think that you do have to pay attention to that. The size of the characters is a sign monstrous strenght. For example why there are some 5 meters guys in this world? You can even see then changing of size in a match. Look at the anime movie, when ken fight against the guy who the little girl in hostage. At the beginning he's 150% of the ken's size and at the end it`s 500% ken's size. But it doesn't matter cause it shows that the Hokuto can win over a mountain.

Widowmaker

New Challenger
That's the signature of Tetsuo Hara's work. The characters in his manga are frequently out of proportion, especially in fighting scene. But I love his manga anyway. :buttrock:

I saw on ebay a copy of "Fist of the North Star", 3 DVDs for 73 bucks and is still cracking my head, wondering if I am to add this into my anime collection.

Kemps

Crossed Swords Squire
Has anyone seen the live action U.S. movie? How does it stack to the manga/anime?

Kaioh

Sakura's Bank Manager
Kemps said:
Has anyone seen the live action U.S. movie? How does it stack to the manga/anime?
It SUCKS!! Oh, and if you didn't know............IT SUCKS!!!!