For the Bill Hicks fans...

Kazuki Dash

Samurai Shodown Swordsmith
A new biopic is in the works and Russell Crowe has voiced his desire to direct the project:

Russell Crowe to Direct Rather Than Star in Bill Hicks Biopic

I'm gonna say this right now: What you're about to read is a wonderful idea. Russell Crowe, whose name was thrown around at one point to play late comedian Bill Hicks in a biopic, has now said he'd rather make his directorial debut with a different actor in the leading role. There's something about that turn of events that seems so classy for some weird reason, but it also makes me think that Crowe is a big Bill Hicks fan, and I love finding out that famous people are fans of things. But back in reality-land: production on this movie could start as soon as early 2013. Casting will certainly be a very interesting process, and that coveted role will most likely go to a British guy. (Not that there's anything wrong with that.)

mtuk2p.jpg

http://boingboing.net/2012/07/23/bill-hicks-biopic.html

http://www.slashfilm.com/russell-crowe-direct-bill-hicks-biopic/

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
I really hope it gets made. Bill Hicks is still one of the finest comedians who ever held a mic, and the more attention that is drawn to his work, the better.

Marek

Banned
I really hope it gets made. Bill Hicks is still one of the finest comedians who ever held a mic, and the more attention that is drawn to his work, the better.

I second that emotion.

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
I am willing to set aside my hate of Crowe to see this made

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
It won't be a funny movie you know, like the Andy Kaufman movie wasn't funny.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I know.

If they make this movie I hope they can do him justice in terms of a fair presentation of his life story.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I must be the only guy who never found him funny. Kind of a low-rent George Carlin.