Formally introducing: DarkDawg Collaborations

Dion

Known Scammer, NeoGeoFreak Co-Founder
So everyone knows that I began working with Darksoft on his SuperBIOS project. We started doing a few other products also many of which are in various stages of completion. So we decided to give our partnership a name.

We are calling it DarkDawg Collaborations

This name is derived from the names Darksoft and the name of my company, Walsdawg Management.

We are not officially announcing any projects right now but this is what we want to do. We want to put together an email list which we will use to directly send any updates and announcements directly to your email addresses.

I will automatically put anyone who has bought a SuperBIOS cart from me or had a cart converted. If you would like your email added to our update list please send me a PM with your address.

Also, I will be dusting off my Twitter account and make announcements via there as well. Please follow me on Twitter:

@Mitsurugi_w

Also, subscribe to my Youtube stream. I release videos that are arcade related and may even sneak a video in before an official announcement has been made:

http://www.youtube.com/user/MitsurugiW/videos

While Darksoft will of course be doing most of the technical work, I will continue doing testing, solder work, and distribution. I may take a bigger role in some of the other projects to help take some pressure off of Darksoft and get rid of some of the backlog.

If you especially enjoy racing games our first product branded with the DarkDawg name will be right up your alley. I just finished modding my first console wheel and pedals for testing purposes. Now I need to mod a flight stick. Stay tuned.

Last edited:

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
this is really cool, Im glad to see this awesome collaboration you guys had become an official partnership, thanks to both of you for doing what your doing!

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Please be a console wheel to naomi rig! I need that in my life.

Dion

Please be a console wheel to naomi rig! I need that in my life.

That's not the project but a wheel rig that works with the Naomi will also work for our next product. The Naomi I/Os are used for a lot of different motherboards. If you need a wheel rig made up for you I can do it for you. It won't be cheap though. Mine took probably 6 hours total to do once I sat down to do it. But I also made mine neat and clean with detachable pedals so that I can swap out a different set of pedals if I wanted to. Also, wired the power LED because it bothered me that it didn't turn on the first time. LOL.

This first wheel was a PC wheel. The next will be a PS2 wheel because it has more buttons on it. The PC wheel was capped at 8 buttons.

It works great on the Naomi, though. I played some Crazy Taxi for the first time in maybe 14 years last night.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
That's not the project but a wheel rig that works with the Naomi will also work for our next product. The Naomi I/Os are used for a lot of different motherboards. If you need a wheel rig made up for you I can do it for you. It won't be cheap though. Mine took probably 6 hours total to do once I sat down to do it. But I also made mine neat and clean with detachable pedals so that I can swap out a different set of pedals if I wanted to. Also, wired the power LED because it bothered me that it didn't turn on the first time. LOL.

This first wheel was a PC wheel. The next will be a PS2 wheel because it has more buttons on it. The PC wheel was capped at 8 buttons.

It works great on the Naomi, though. I played some Crazy Taxi for the first time in maybe 14 years last night.

I've got a wheel I can send you. I already have a driving I/O, too. Shoot me a PM, when you are ready to take on the project. ;^)

Dion

I've got a wheel I can send you. I already have a driving I/O, too. Shoot me a PM, when you are ready to take on the project. ;^)

You need to open it up and make sure it uses volume potentiometers. Some wheels use other types of pots that will not work for arcade games. Need to check the wheel and the pedals. Also, the more buttons on your wheel the better. Let me see the wheel.

Dion

Added my Youtube info above. Subscribe to me people!

Dion

Decided to remove the video in order to fix some things. Just contact me for details.

Last edited:

_rm_

Bead Banger
10 Year Member
Best of luck with the project.
Youtube Subscribed!

mmsadda

Just buy my shit. Seriously. You can call me Susan
10 Year Member
Congrats on the collaboration! Lindbergh setup looks awesome.

One question - will a Lindbergh work with a Naomi driving I/O board? The reason I ask is, I would love to pick up a Lindbergh, computer PSU, and be able to run your multi-game setup in my Crazy Taxi upright.

Dion

Congrats on the collaboration! Lindbergh setup looks awesome.

One question - will a Lindbergh work with a Naomi driving I/O board? The reason I ask is, I would love to pick up a Lindbergh, computer PSU, and be able to run your multi-game setup in my Crazy Taxi upright.

Yes. I am using a Rev. 1 naomi JVS I/O in the video. It works with most Lindbergh games. Some games require a more advanced I/O. Games like 2Spicy and Hummer Challenge will not boot without the proper I/O. 2Spicy needs at least a Rev. 2 and Hummer requires a Rev. 3. But most of the racing games will work fine with the Rev. 1 which is most common and VF5 and VT3 use the Rev. 1.

The only inconvenience is that there really isn't a standard for which buttons to use on Lindbergh games. Most Lindbergh games were meant for dedicated DX cabinets. So in order to use certain buttons on certain games you will need to be able to switch some wires around. The actual pots for Gas, Brake, and the wheel are standard. But View change or Boost for example may be assigned different pins on the connector of the I/O. That's why I recommend a racing wheel with a lot of buttons. That way you can cover more bases when modding a wheel. In your case you have a cabinet. I'm sure the 60 pin I/O connector only has the wires Crazy Taxi uses pinned on it. You could source some pins and just add more wires to the connector.

I think with the PS2 wheel I modded I have a few games that don't have a view change button. But I left one button unmapped so I could add it as I tested more games. Feel free to ask me any questions.

Last edited:

Fox1

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy,
20 Year Member
Just letting you know that none of the games can be played online because all allnet checks are disabled, even if it says "Checking Network", in the code itself it has been disabled. Besides for VF5FS to even play online, you need a All.net Pass card along with a card reader embedded into the lindbergh that connects to Sega's servers. (along with a Membership with Sega and a Sega IP Address). Just letting you know so none of your customers come back saying "wtf" lol.

It's the same with VF5: R, it has to be disabled in order to actually play the game, even locally.

Last edited:

Dion

Just letting you know that none of the games can be played online because all allnet checks are disabled, even if it says "Checking Network", in the code itself it has been disabled. Besides for VF5FS to even play online, you need a All.net Pass card along with a card reader embedded into the lindbergh that connects to Sega's servers. (along with a Membership with Sega and a Sega IP Address). Just letting you know so none of your customers come back saying "wtf" lol.

It's the same with VF5: R, it has to be disabled in order to actually play the game, even locally.

Yes. All of the games on this kit will play without a connection to Sega's Servers.

Fox1

20 Year Member
Yes. All of the games on this kit will play without a connection to Sega's Servers.

I understand that heh, what I'm saying is when you said VF5:FS and you said "Online". All the games can be played locally (IE on the lindbergh itself), but all of them have their net code disabled, so no online functions.

Dion

I understand that heh, what I'm saying is when you said VF5:FS and you said "Online". All the games can be played locally (IE on the lindbergh itself), but all of them have their net code disabled, so no online functions.

Oh. I forgot I had mentioned that offhand. Should try to find some way to clear that up I guess.

Black IcE

Earl's Long Lost Brother,
15 Year Member
What is the going price for a lindbergh motherboard ?

Dion

I've seen a wide range. They seem to be a bit cheaper coming from Japan. They would not be labeled as cheap though.

Fox1

20 Year Member
You can probably get one as low as $200, but then you have to factor in shipping and it jumps to $400 heh.

Dion

I can help you modify your controls to play games that use an I/O. PM me for details.

Dion

Honestly depends on the controls you send to me and which I/O you are using. PM me with what you are looking to have done.

Dion

If anyone is interested I posted a video review of the game Sega's Race TV for the Lindbergh:

If you have a Lindbergh we may be able to help you play this game.

Also check out my YouTube channel trailer. It cracks me up sometimes....lol