Forum community - Welcoming feedback on dispute with dbarrett0981

Nickrb

Angel's Love Slave
Those prices are good? Maybe that price list I found isn't so useful after all... I wait out seemingly overpriced lots on Ebay but many sellers are willing to work with you if ya just ask.

Most of his prices are somewhat reasonable. With Shock + insert they really aren't too bad. You should buy from him, you're a match made in heaven.

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
...and he left me my first negative on ebay in 8 years...for a deal we moved to the forums to save him money. I assume it can get reversed as he never paid through ebay and he canceled the transaction. http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=mjmjr25&ftab=AllFeedback

Anytime a deal goes sideways, you look at it and wonder if you were wrong somewhere or if you should have done things differently. Ultimately he lives his life and makes decisions solely on money and tries to bully his way when you question him.

I don't think I would do anything differently, though. Sell an item to a forum member, he reports problems, you try to troubleshoot it, things aren't working out, you offer a return - this is all (mostly) normal. Then the buyer wants the refund before the return and threatens a negative feedback and paypal claim for selling a bootleg if you don't. This is the abnormal part, this is the behavior and demands of established scammers, bullies, or bill collectors, pushing their perceived weight around.

dbarrett - I know you're reading this, as is your buddy. I'm not going to bash you, not because you're not able to respond, but because I don't think it's helpful and in most cases only makes us feel better temporarily. I'll hope you can now move on that you've managed to tarnish my reputation somewhere. This is pretty small stuff in the grander scheme, but if that's what you needed, then ok. I wish you and your family the best - sincerely.

Baseball Star

dbarrett alternate account -- AVOID
I read it to him. Ultimately mike you hit a couple hot spots with this. Ultimately he feels you know the general dramatic attitude of many of the forum members. This guy is mormon so where some people may be able to tolerate foul language and someone telling them they are a piece of shit doesn't mean everyone takes well to it. You posted all this here in effort to paint him in a negative light in his eyes. He feels you knew this would happen and he recently had a death in the fanily that people tended to chime in about. I understand both sides at the end of the day he says all he wanted was an apology and some respect from you. He is the one who got the defective cart and he is the one who was out money in the end. He did say he can't respond and has no user account but he will look into removing the negative feedback with ebay.

Baseball Star

He is in the process of fixing it now. Hope it gets worked out. I love the forums but people treat people pretty poorly around here. Dave is a great guy I have known him for 12 years. I met him through work. We are talking about a guy who serves in his community weekly, coaches little league, he is a great dad and is very strong in the Gospel of Jesus Christ. This dude bought one of his employees a car during his divorce and time of struggle. He is the kind of guy that will give his shirt off his back to anyone. I got him into the neo when we first met. Yes it seems he has had a bad deal or two. It happens to the best of us as we can see here mike even has one. Hope it all gets worked it gentlemen. Be adults about it. Mike your post was a great start.

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
I read it to him. Ultimately mike ... I understand both sides at the end of the day [and] he says all he wanted was an apology and some respect from you. .... He did sa[id] [that] he can't respond and has no user account but he will look into removing the negative feedback with ebay.

Sometimes it's easy to loose sight of what's important.

:scratch: So he had another 161-1 cart?

After mike's cart, the guy who bought his cab gave him one. That's the second one.

Last edited:

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
He is in the process of fixing it now. Hope it gets worked out. I love the forums but people treat people pretty poorly around here. Dave is a great guy I have known him for 12 years. I met him through work. We are talking about a guy who serves in his community weekly, coaches little league, he is a great dad and is very strong in the Gospel of Jesus Christ. This dude bought one of his employees a car during his divorce and time of struggle. He is the kind of guy that will give his shirt off his back to anyone. I got him into the neo when we first met. Yes it seems he has had a bad deal or two. It happens to the best of us as we can see here mike even has one. Hope it all gets worked it gentlemen. Be adults about it. Mike your post was a great start.

Oh boy. :rolleyes:

Nickrb

Angel's Love Slave
dbarrett - I know you're reading this, as is your buddy. I'm not going to bash you, not because you're not able to respond, but because I don't think it's helpful and in most cases only makes us feel better temporarily. I'll hope you can now move on that you've managed to tarnish my reputation somewhere. This is pretty small stuff in the grander scheme, but if that's what you needed, then ok. I wish you and your family the best - sincerely.

I will. What a fucking piece of bullshit garbage. Almost seems like someone should hit the buy-it-now on all his auctions and leave him 60 negs.

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
You posted all this here in effort to paint him in a negative light in his eyes.

I'm done with this, but i'll reiterate this part one more time. The only reason this thread was created was the threat of paypal claim and negative feedback in the morning via pm. When I went to respond and see why things were escalating (privately, via PM), his inbox was full. That is the only reason this was made public.

In either case - hopefully this is now done.

EDIT: Dave messaged me on ebay and said he will request the negative be removed. So hopefully this is now dead / dead, not just mostly dead (some Miracle Max for the new kids).

Last edited:

Baseball Star

I will. What a fucking piece of bullshit garbage. Almost seems like someone should hit the buy-it-now on all his auctions and leave him 60 negs.

What will that solve? You do something like that to someone and they are liable to come back under 14 different user names and scam the crap out of everyone here. I dont think dave woulf ever do that but Ultimately it just needs to be dropped. Bad deal all around. Mike and Dave are both great guys in my opinion.

CaseyTappy

Tung's Hair Stylist
He is very strong in the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

fulxkk.jpg

WTF does that even mean, you have been warned for his God Fu ?

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
he is a great dad and is very strong in the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

This is a very slippery slope my friend. Dave demonstrated zero tact and class by calling out Mike's religious beliefs unsolicited here earlier in this thread. Totally uncalled for. Pretty solid for a guy that's supposedly "very strong" in his faith, right? To me and others, it's an extremely poor example (ie, witness). Actions speak louder than words and although Dave may have some "good deeds" under his belt (remember, his faith is somewhat works-based... big can of worms, but whatever, it's his gig) but that doesn't mean that 100% of his dealings and ethics are above board. Prime example here.

Yes it seems he has had a bad deal or two. It happens to the best of us as we can see here mike even has one.

Another load of crap. "Mike even has one" because of your pal Dave here, simple as that. The eBay negative (not to mention the fire sale) just confirms in my mind why no one was in Dave's corner, no one.

Nickrb

Angel's Love Slave
What will that solve? You do something like that to someone and they are liable to come back under 14 different user names and scam the crap out of everyone here. I dont think dave woulf ever do that but Ultimately it just needs to be dropped. Bad deal all around. Mike and Dave are both great guys in my opinion.

Sounds like it would be entertaining to watch. Anyway, would anybody be stupid enough to NPB 60 auctions from a self righteous debt collector?

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member

Sounds like it would be entertaining to watch. Anyway, would anybody be stupid enough to NPB 60 auctions from a self righteous debt collector?

I haven't agreed with anything Baseball Star said up until this. This is some dbarrett0981 level shit. Come on man, don't act like that guy.

Nickrb

Angel's Love Slave
I haven't agreed with anything Baseball Star said up until this. This is some dbarrett0981 level shit. Come on man, don't act like that guy.

Was a facetious remark.

WWDB0981D?

Last edited:

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I prefer to ask the question "What would Mikey do"

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member

nickrb is still trying to awkwardly establish himself around here. It's painful to watch. He's trying to find his forum identity by adopting someone else's.

DPsx7

Banned
nickrb is still trying to awkwardly establish himself around here. It's painful to watch. He's trying to find his forum identity by adopting someone else's.

Yeah, that plonker was trying to mess with me too at one point.