Four Slot MOBO Will not allow me to use game select to cycle through carts.

Nerdygrrl

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I was at my friends place yesterday and he has a four slot cab with an older 2.1 uni bios in it. For whatever reason the game select button does not work as it should. It doesn't allow you to switch between the carts, you actually have to wait for the attract mode to cycle through to get to the next cart. When you select a game on a multi cart, the system reboots and then starts back over on slot one and you have to wait for it to cycle through the rest of the carts until it gets to the appropriate slot. Yes, he could just put the MC in slot one, but we were curious as to why this is happening

Has anyone seen or heard of this before? He thinks it may be the uni bios, but neither of us know much about it.

Alpha Skyhawk

Windjammers Wonder
I'm assuming free play is on. This sounds like the particular quirk in free play mode when it comes to selecting games on a multi-slot board.

There's an option in the regular MVS test menu that changes the behavior of the select button. It's probably currently set to only allow game selection when a coin is inserted. I believe this is the default. What you need to do is change it to allow game selecting at any time. I forget exactly what it's called or where it is in the menu, but it is there. The same thing happened to me.

Nerdygrrl

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I will give it a try. Thank you so much. Man, single slots are so much easier ;)

Alpha Skyhawk

Windjammers Wonder
I will give it a try. Thank you so much. Man, single slots are so much easier ;)

But you can't change games without disturbing your couch's/barstool's/whatever's buttcheek groove with a single slot.

BTW, to access the regular MVS test menu, hold down BCD on controller 1 during powerup or soft reset with the UniBIOS.