FS: Boxed JP Saturn w/ MODE & 500GB M.2 SSD Installed - $500, Recapped & Serviced Boxed PC Engine, Janky Slim NGPC w/ IPS

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
113   0   0
Hi all, looking to sell some things.

Kicking it off this time around with this Saturn. I got this Saturn years ago, then when MODE came out, installed that. Also installed a kit which makes the M.2 slot accessible in the CD door, which makes this very convenient. The SSD is loaded up with all the shooting games on Saturn, plus maybe a handful of other games.

Saturn includes:

- Console in very, very nice condition. It looks like it was in storage for most of its life.
- Box with matching serial numbers, original box insert and instructions, box for MODE
- Original controller which has been taken apart, cleaned thoroughly, and reassembled
- Power, composite, and scart cable
- Original CD drive (not installed in console currently)
Screen Shot 2023-10-24 at 17.18.30 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-10-24 at 17.18.45 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-10-24 at 17.18.54 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-10-24 at 17.19.02 PM.png

Looking for $525 $500, which includes UPS shipping within the US. This seems a lot cheaper than these typically go for, but shoot me an offer if you feel this is off.

PC Engine - This was purchased in maybe 2018 or so. I replaced the capacitors on this myself and cleaned the system thoroughly. It works like a champ. Includes the box, console, controller, rf unit, psu, instructions (not pictured, but indeed included). Looking for $180.
IMG_0277.jpeg
IMG_0279.jpeg
IMG_0280.jpeg

Slim NGPC - Where do I begin with this? Does it work? Yes. Does the screen look incredible? Yeah, mostly. Was the donor system apparently submerged in molasses for most of its life? Probably. I did the work on this. The donor had pretty apparent water damage, which destroyed the speaker. I modified a DMG speaker to work with this, and it’s ok, I guess. It’s not going to win any beauty pageants though. The display has some flashlighting on a totally black screen, which isn’t noticeable during play. The touch sensor for the display works fine. I imagine this will be good to go for some time, but it’s janky. Please understand this and accept that it’s nowhere near perfect, hence the very cheap price. $120 including shipping, which is less than the donor system and IPS kit cost.
IMG_0282.jpeg
IMG_0283.jpeg

Sold Items
Spoiler:
AV Famicom w/ RGB mod - I got this from Kiel, who did the mod work. I recently replaced this with a unit that I did the mod work on, so passing this one on. He did a fantastic and clean job on this and also installed an LED which shines down through one of the air vents in the front of the console. The LED is stepped down from 5v, so that it won't fry the plastic. Only including the console and a dogbone FC controller in this listing. You'll need to source a PSU and scart cable yourself. Looking for $200, which is still an excellent price. Sold for $200

Analogue Pocket - Smoke Gray. New, sealed. Kinda testing the waters on this, not totally set on selling. Looking for $300, which is actually less than this cost from Analogue after shipping and taxes. Sold for asking price.

Last edited:

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That is NOT a bad price. Good luck w the sale man! Love me a white satty.

Ajax

15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
113   0   0
Pictures posted for all items, going to add some more shortly, I think.

Black IcE

Earl's Long Lost Brother,
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
97   0   0
GLWTS. Solid price on the famicom for sure.

Last edited:

Kid Fenris

Rugal's Thug
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Good luck. Sounds like you did a good job reviving that NGPC. Reading about its history makes me want to adopt it like a shelter dog.

The Chief

U.N. Apologist,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
272   0   0
Damnit I’d have that Saturn if there were more games loaded. I’m lazy and won’t do it myself. Beautiful condition, along with all your other items.

daytonausa

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Damnit I’d have that Saturn if there were more games loaded. I’m lazy and won’t do it myself. Beautiful condition, along with all your other items.

You should be able to easily put no-duplicate entire iso pack (All unique USA/EU/JP games plus prototypes) on there in a little over 350GB well within the limits of his 500GB drive. I have a Satiator, myself, and have done exactly that and it fit all that on my 512GB micro SD card with plenty of space left over.

If you need help with that iso pack I can guide you in PMs.

Regardless, best of luck with the sale OP, free bump.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
67   0   0
That Saturn price is dumb nice. It was $500 shipped to my door for the Saturn jukebox I scooped on site awhile back, and that was a great price then.

It’s rare that lightning strikes twice!

@The Chief scoop away, mang. We’ll help w/ teh rawhms.

Ajax

15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
113   0   0
Added an Analogue Pocket. Not totally sure on selling, but if somebody deposits the funds, I guess I will!

Ajax

15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
113   0   0
Payment was deposited, Pocket is outta here