FS: Canon 60D DSLR CIB with 24mm f/2.8 Lens $500

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
IMG_7436sm.JPG

Full set of pictures here.

I just upgraded my camera body, so I no longer need this and would like to sell it to help recoup the cost of the new body.

Quick Specs:
18.0 Megapixel, 3:2 aspect ratio sensor
Single SD/SDHC/SDXC card slot
Accepts any Canon EF or EF-S lens produced since 1987
Shoots RAW, JPG, or both
Shoots video up to 1080p30
HDMI out
Full specs here.

I bought this camera body in 2011, brand new for $900, from a local camera shop. Although I don't have Magic Lantern installed and therefore can not check the shutter actuations, I can say that this camera was very lightly used and therefore has a low shutter actuation count for its age. Aside from taking it for a couple of vacations and some day trips, this camera was primarily used to produce my YouTube show and therefore spent most of its life on a tripod in my room. The only cosmetic imperfections, shown in the pictures, is that some of the paint had been scratched off of the metal strap loops, due to the third-party strap that I used.

The lens that I am including is a 24mm f/2.8 fixed focal length "pancake" lens. I bought this lens refurbished in March of this year directly from Canon for $120 and have used it only a handful of times (bought it specifically for the show but have not made an episode of the type for which this lens was intended since then.) This makes an excellent walking-around lens as 24mm on an APS-C sensor is roughly equivalent to 38mm on a "normal" camera. It's also extremely compact, not extending out past the hand grip on the camera body, and at f/2.8 is faster than standard "kit" zoom lenses that come with cameras like this.

The body comes with everything that originally came with it (box, manuals, CDs, strap, battery charger, etc.) but does not have the original Canon battery (because I am keeping it). I bought a good-quality third-party battery to include, and it is still brand new. The fact that I am doing this is reflected in the price I am asking.

Review of the camera.

Review of the lens.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I bought a Canon 6D. The lenses that I own are really all meant for a full-frame camera, but when I bought the 60D back in 2011 the cheapest full frame body that Canon sold was well over $2000, which I did not want to spend. I got the 6D body refurbished from Canon with an instant rebate and a Canon loyalty program discount for about $1100. Refurbished means that I don't get the original packaging, which affects resale value, but I don't plan on replacing this camera until it breaks.