FS: Cheap Neo-Geo AES and Genesis2 scart cables

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
These are aliexpress specials and they didn't work out as well as I hoped for it's intended purpose. They suffer from "scart buzz" which is common in the lower end cables but they are still very functional. Use them as is or salvage the scart hood from them, they're cheap. $3 each plus shipping. First class shipping in USA is $3 and international varies on the country.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Do they give a clear picture? I pull audio from the headphone/rca jacks on these systems anyway.

NeoTeam546

Cheng's Errand Boy
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
scart buzz thru audio? Could use this then run audio out via sega cd 3.5mm audio cable and that would eliminate the buzz? Just turn TV volume on zero?

LMK

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
NeoTeam, that's what I do for the Genesis anyway, since even with a really good cable there's a good chance of buzz if using the RGB audio. But you need to use the Sega CD's RCA jacks, the 3.5 jack is an input for the Model 1 Genesis's headphone jack.

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
scart buzz thru audio? Could use this then run audio out via sega cd 3.5mm audio cable and that would eliminate the buzz? Just turn TV volume on zero?

LMK

I can't confirm that since I don't have one but my gut feeling says that it would be fine since you're running ground through a separate source using better cabling.

PS: There has been little interest in these so I'm putting them in storage this weekend to reclaim some valuable space. After that, the sale is over.

NeoTeam546

Cheng's Errand Boy
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
NeoTeam, that's what I do for the Genesis anyway, since even with a really good cable there's a good chance of buzz if using the RGB audio. But you need to use the Sega CD's RCA jacks, the 3.5 jack is an input for the Model 1 Genesis's headphone jack.

Sega CDX my man..has LINE OUT that I use to run to my receiver as we speak

Ill take one for 6 shipped if they are euro. LMK