FS/FT: Gaming Desktop - SOLD

wonton2112

Kabuki Klasher
Rating - 88.2%
15   2   0
So I find I haven't done any PC gaming aside from the first week or so after I built this machine. I bought a macbook and haven't even touched the desktop since! It's a shame to let it go to rot, so I'm offering it up to you fine folks.

Breakdown:

Phenom II quad-core processor running at 3.0 GHz (stock, not overclocked)
8GB of Mushkin DDR-2 PC-6400 ram
DVD-R DL burner
Radeon HD 4870 GPU
Vista Ultimate 64-bit OEM (Legit license, no discs as it's pre-installed)
320GB HDD (If you want to do gaming you'd do right to replace this with a raptor)

It scores all 5.9's (as high as it rates) in the Windows Experience Index with the exception of the Hard drive. Runs everything I've thrown at it beautifully, with no hiccups at all.

Untitled.jpg

You won't find a better gaming PC at this price-point! Price is shipped, payment via paypal, no fees. I might be enticed to do a partial trade, but I need to make at least some actual money off of this. :)

Last edited:

datalogik

Zero's Tailor,
Rating - 100%
165   0   1
So I find I haven't done any PC gaming aside from the first week or so after I built this machine. I bought a macbook and haven't even touched the desktop since! It's a shame to let it go to rot, so I'm offering it up to you fine folks.

Breakdown:

Phenom II quad-core processor running at 3.0 GHz (stock, not overclocked)
8GB of Mushkin DDR-2 PC-6400 ram
DVD-R DL burner
Radeon HD 4870 GPU
Vista Ultimate 64-bit OEM (Legit license, no discs as it's pre-installed)
320GB HDD (If you want to do gaming you'd do right to replace this with a raptor)

It scores all 5.9's (as high as it rates) in the Windows Experience Index with the exception of the Hard drive. Runs everything I've thrown at it beautifully, with no hiccups at all.

Untitled.jpg

You won't find a better gaming PC at this price-point! Price is shipped, payment via paypal, no fees. I might be enticed to do a partial trade, but I need to make at least some actual money off of this. :)

3Dmark Vantage
3Dmark06
Crytosis
Far Cry 2

benchmarks?

wonton2112

Kabuki Klasher
Rating - 88.2%
15   2   0
3Dmark Vantage
3Dmark06
Crytosis
Far Cry 2

benchmarks?

Downloading both 3DMarks, will post when the benches are done. Googled "Crytosis" to no avail, and I googled a Far Cry 2 benchmark, but there was none to be found. Will update with scores.

3dMark06:
3dMark Vantage:
CPU - 11225
GPU - 8728

Not the best scores, but a hell of a lot better than you'd get out of buying a $600 desktop from Best Buy :D. No idea if 3dMarks are affected by HDD speed at all, but if they are, I'd expect it to score higher with a nicer drive installed.

Last edited:

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
97   0   0
Got pics? Available bays, video output options, etc. Cooling, build quality, images of your handy work would be nice. Whats the max ram on the mobo, what mobo, etc.

wonton2112

Kabuki Klasher
Rating - 88.2%
15   2   0
Dual DVI output (I believe I have a DVI->HDMI cable laying about if hooking it up to your TV is your thing), OCZ GameXStream 600W PSU, 3 external 5" bays available, and 95% sure it's 3 internal bays available (for a total of 4 each.) Cooling is strictly airflow as I had no intentions of overclocking.

Motherboard is MSI K9A2 Platinum:

4 PCI-E 16X (Support 16X+16X in Dual CrossFire, 16X+8X+8X in Triple CrossFire, 8X+8X+8X+8X in Quad CrossFire); 1 PCI-E X1; 2 PCI; 10 USB.

Realtek 7.1 CH HD audio.

4 DIMMs w/ DDR2 1066+ up to 8GB.

1 ata connector, 6 Sata (2 of which support raid), 2 eSata, 1 IEEE 1394.

While it has just one GPU, you could easily go up to 2, 3, or 4 if you wanted to (2 in 16x, 4 in 8x). And pics could be arranged, but I need to get ready for work, the case is nothing special, just a big black fairly sound-proof box.

Jag-Master

"Hey, are we done here?..., Cause I'm losing my bu
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
111   0   0
glad this sold! Great member to deal with here!