FS/FT: Raiden Fighters 2, CPS 2 boards!!!

BeaglePuss

Mickey's Coach
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
Having just played Street Fighter 4 while in Montreal, I've gotten the fever and have decided to sell off some stuff to fund my purchase. I'm also picking up a couple of cabs within the next month, so it's time to trim some fat.

Here's what I've got:
Raiden Fighter 2 pcb w/Mobo ***TRADED***
100_1299.jpg

CPS 2 games (A boards only as of now):
100_1301.jpg

Street Fighter Alpha
100_1302.jpg

Not phoenixed, and I have no idea when the battery was changed. Fired right up without trouble today, and I will post pics of game running if you're interested in purchasing.

X-Men Vs Street Fighter: ***TRADED***
100_1303.jpg

Not phoenixed. South America version (non-English, but you're not missing much). I have no idea when the battery was changed. Fired right up without trouble today, and I will post pics of game running if you're interested in purchasing.

Marvel Vs Capcom:
100_1304.jpg

Phoenixed Edition. Works flawlessly. Will post pics of game running if someone is interested in purchasing.

Prices:

Raiden Fighters 2: ***GONE***

CPS2: I'll have to do some research on the prices before I post a firm price. I'm more than willing to hear offers in the meantime.

Things I would be looking to trade towards:
- Dimahoo CPS2
- Gunbird 2 PCB
- Jamma Cast
- Cart based prototypes
- 48-1 vertical multi board (w/typical classic titles)

Thanks!!!

Last edited:

BeaglePuss

Mickey's Coach
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
Bump!

Back to the top.

If anyone could help me with asking prices for the CPS2 games, I'd really appreciate it. I'm not totally sure what to ask.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
95   0   1
No problem man, those are already pretty fair prices I don't think you need to lower them but it will defenately speed things up. Are you still up for this weekend?

BeaglePuss

Mickey's Coach
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
No problem man, those are already pretty fair prices I don't think you need to lower them but it will defenately speed things up. Are you still up for this weekend?
Hell Yes I am!!! I can't wait dude!

Let me know what time works best for you. Also: did you managed to score a truck?

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
95   0   1
Hell Yes I am!!! I can't wait dude!

Let me know what time works best for you. Also: did you managed to score a truck?
Unfortunately I only have my SUV but perhaps we could fit 2 in there with a little bit of tetris skills.

BeaglePuss

Mickey's Coach
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
Bump with RF2 price reduction

To the top! I'm now willing to let RF2 go for just $200.

Things I would be looking to trade towards:
- Dimahoo CPS2
- Gunbird 2 PCB
- Jamma Cast
- Cart based prototypes
- 48-1 vertical multi board (w/typical classic titles)

Last edited:

Tung Fu Rue's Prize Student
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
94   0   0
Cart-based prototypes?

You mean something like this?

soniccrackers.jpg

DSCN1450.jpg

DSCN1452.jpg

DSCN1451.jpg

:)

BeaglePuss

Mickey's Coach
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
RF2 TRADED

Raiden Fighters 2 has been traded to Terry330! All other items are still available.

I would also be interested in trading for SF4 (XBox), and either of the SF4 madcatz sticks.

20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
94   0   0
hahahaha I love it.

Awesome stuff.

BeaglePuss

Mickey's Coach
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
HAHAHA!

You don't happen to remember where you picked up that proto, do you? Or how much you paid for it? That's one of the few dumped protos that I would love to get my hands on.

20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
94   0   0
This cart has an interesting history actually. I acquired it from a good friend of mine (who just happens to run SouthTown). Here is what he wrote about the cart on the Sega 16 forums a few years ago:

I was a pretty serious console collector in the days of rec.games.video.arcade.collecting being the main Unsenet meeting place, mostly Atari 2600 + 7800, and obtained this in about 1997 or so from some friends who were doing a good job of providing a lot of prototypes from out west. Most of these guys were dumpster divers, getting chased off, but Atari and some of the other troubled videogame companies were not high-security on their garbage. We had some press contacts that helped us, and a lot of these guys were tracking down ex-employees to offer them some money to raid their closets. 2600 prototypes were all the rage then, and having an unreleased Sega cart at the time was a novelty, and honestly I think it was thrown in as a freebie at the time on a large trade. This basically came my way with a 2600 Saboteur, Xevious, and a sealed Motorodeo, and a Game Gear proto cart.

Anyway, Rob has the game because he had the elusive Madden '94 for trade. No, seriously, he has it because he loves Genesis and I really don't have much love for it. It's literally been sitting in a box for about 10 years, and it's certainly possible that it was 'assembled' from a ROM image to bring in some money for someone unscrupulous, but based on the large amount of trading and acquisition that we were doing in that hobby at the time (the classic gaming conventions were just barely getting started) and developers were coming out of the woodwork with interesting toys left and right to take advantage of the boost in popularity, and the fact that the largest onslaught of pirated/faked prototypes didn't happen for a few years after that, my take is it's a legit handout from sega for testing or showoff, or something that simply walked out of their dev area in a pocket.

Realistically, all test versions, beta versions, are hobbled together. It's very hard to tell. Cross your fingers that it's unique to the existing ROM, that would obviously be fun to have for everyone.

This was also in the lot - it may be more common, but with this kind of stuff generally being part of the lot, I hope to show that at least my sources at the time were reliable.

BeaglePuss

Mickey's Coach
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
Wow, that's pretty cool stuff. I've been going prototype crazy lately, especially with NES stuff. I have about 30 or so protos at the moment, and my brother and I have been working on finishing/releasing Hoppin Mad for the NES within the next month or so. We have about 40 carts made, and hope to be at 100 even soon.

I actually have two other unreleased protos. One is a bowling game for the NES that I plan on reproducing as well. The other looks like it's DOA thanks to some faulty care from the last owner. It was called "Kartoon Kombat" and it was a parody MK game for the Genesis. It was on a Floppy that was damaged, and looks to be unsalvageable:( Everything I have has been dumped and saved in a number of formats though, so I don't have to be the bearer of bad news to a future buyer.

danox574

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
This is the gamegear prototyping board from the story above, I would consider making it available to an accomplished proto collector such as yourself.

ggproto1.jpg

ggproto2.jpg

ggproto3.jpg