FS: Fully Reonditioned Blast City with Flat Screen PFX Monitor

thchardcore

Another Striker
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
I am selling my fully reconditioned Blast City arcade cabinet. I received the cabinet in the following condition and spent a lot of time fixing it back up to JP specs:

Blastbefore.jpg

It includes the following:

Brand new Japanese Sanwa PFX pure flat tri sync monitor with excellent geometry. Monitor frame was adapted to back mount monitor so that the bezel fit without issues. Has OSD and the control board has been mounted where the original was. Monitor is 31, 24 and 15 khz compatible.

Bezel has been modified with high quality foam so that there are no gaps on the sides.

All original, fully functional Japanese JAMMA wiring as well as naomi/JVS compatible I/O board and PSU with adaptor plugs, CPS2 kick harness, sound amp. Originally a SEGA model 3 cabinet, it has been setup for use with 99.99% of games out there.

Brand new speaker grills from SEGA Japan (last NOS set known).

All brand new side art (full 4 pieces) and brand new control space art strip. These are no longer available as I got the last set from SEGA USA.

Brand new control panel surround with insert yen sticker and chrome coin insert set to take quarters.

Brand new SEGA monitor and hazard warning stickers.

Sanwa Blast City control panel with original wiring and Seimitsu LS 56 sticks and Sanwa RG buttons (NLA) all in mint condition.

Official SEGA locks and 5 pairs of keys.

No cracks on the marque holder or the marque and high quality reproduction marque space (blue header) and fully function ballast and working marque light.

Spare set of full wiring harness and other wire leads, I/O, Blast City marque, monitor bezel and Power Supply, should you need them.

I personally filled, sanded and repainted the service door with high gloss appliance paint so that the bill changer hole is no longer present and patched all holes. It looks very nice and took many attempts to get to a professional level.

PICS:

InsidePanel.jpg

Marque.jpg

InsidePanel.jpg

DSC02122.jpg

Blastleft.jpg

Blastdoor.jpg

Blasting.jpg

Any questions, please ask.

Price is set at $1,900 firm. Local pick-up preferred. Zip code 94403 (Bay Area, Northern California)

Thanks,

Mike

Last edited:

Tango

Tung's Hair Stylist
Rating - 97.7%
85   2   0
damn thats a really nice cabinet man..... sorry to see you are letting it go.

Someone should really buy this, Mike keeps his stuff in top condition.

loegan43

I've served my time in the Dark Army., Have you?,
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
450   0   0
Wow, that cab looks factory new, don't think you'll find a better Blast. Good luck with the sale.

J-Burns

n00b
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Whaat how? I wanna know I wanna know! Was it just the surround or were you able to get the base too?

manman

Banned
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I might be interested, I'd like to get some more info, but I can't send PMs... I saw seller requirements in the faq but I didn't see anything about buyers, if my account is inelligible to buy I apologize. If not, please email me at ryoaska1@hotmail.com. Thanks!

ryosaka

n00b
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
well major contgrats to whever gets this. I tried to contact the OP but could not get a response so I decided to move on and get a BS somewhere else. Was half the price, but not nearly as plush as this beauty...i'm still jealous of whoever gets it!

At least i'll only be in HALF the trouble with my wife though, :P

thchardcore

Another Striker
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Bump and price drop, I would take $1650 for this if someone comes this weekend. Remember, it includes about $300 in extra parts and had a brand new flat screen Sanwa PFX already installed so there are no gaps in the bezel. Need this shit out of my room because I'm sure girls don't appreciate 2 cabs in the bedroom.

thchardcore

Another Striker
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Bump and price drop. $1300. This is a very good deal since the PFX has not even been used outside of testing.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
Rating - 100%
325   0   0
Are you a healthy person ? If so you can do it alone, otherwise 2 persons are needed.

Awesome price !!!

Matvei

Chairman of Vandelay Industries, Importer/Exporter
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Incase you were interested in replacing the screen with the original, I have a Nanao MS2931 OSD which was NOS that I purchased a few months ago.

I paid 1,000 USD, I am looking to get rid of it, I will take a hit and say 600 picked up for the whole thing.

I am in the bay area.

NOAH

New Challenger
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
Are you a healthy person ? If so you can do it alone, otherwise 2 persons are needed.

Awesome price !!!

Thanks. What I meant was outside of manually pulling and rotating the monitor, what else must be done for rotation. In other words, is the front hinged like an Egret II or do you have to unscrew the front and remove it in order to get to the monitor frame? Blast Cities have been attractive to me for a while, but the lack of a rotate mech and the notorious chassis defect have made me shy away....well.....the relatively high price tag for Blasts hasn't made things easier either.

Last edited: