FS: Hyper Neo Geo 64 Beast Busters MB and cart, and Roads Edge cart

chrisr

Known Scammer and One Deluded Individual, NeoGeoFr
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
I purchased the Beast Busters Cart and Motherboard from Gfront a few years back while in Japan. The Roads edge cart is new and US labeled. Finding these carts and a gun MB is a pain for sure.

$150 + shipping.

Contact me at cray@neogeofreak.com

hyperstuff.JPG

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
Beast Busters had a dedicated cab w/ two guns. I know Jamma Nation X has a mod to make it work w/ a flight stick, but I've never heard if there are any other lightgun cab guns that work w/ Beast Busters

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
110   0   0
Beast Busters had a dedicated cab w/ two guns. I know Jamma Nation X has a mod to make it work w/ a flight stick, but I've never heard if there are any other lightgun cab guns that work w/ Beast Busters

So you need positional guns. Thanks.

chrisr

20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
What game is the box for, RE?

The box came with the Roads edge cart, but there is not a sticker on the box, it is just blank.

On the guns, the hookups would work with any of the positional type guns. There are many extra hookups on the board for things like the gun motors and other things you would not need if you were just using standard guns.

Thanks

ChrisR

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
110   0   0
The box came with the Roads edge cart, but there is not a sticker on the box, it is just blank.

On the guns, the hookups would work with any of the positional type guns.
Thanks

ChrisR

I read on KLOV (which I know, is not 100% always) that they need a positional gun with a trigger and pump, which is not stated in games such as Gunblade NY, which has no pump. I have never played either beast busters, so I don't know, but if the pump needs to be functional for the game, "any of the positional type guns" would not work on this game since some do not have pumps on them.

Do you know of a place to find positional guns with all of the features needed for this game?

thanks

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
537   0   0
There's only bomb, reload and shoot for BBSN. So you need a positional gun with 3 buttons. Also the pump is just reload/start.

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
110   0   0
There's only bomb, reload and shoot for BBSN. So you need a positional gun with 3 buttons. Also the pump is just reload/start.

I figured it was just a button, but a 3rd button is not available on some positional guns. Any idea of where to source such gun?

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
537   0   0
Are you going to mount the gun? A positional gun needs to be mounted unless you use a flight stick.

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
110   0   0
Are you going to mount the gun? A positional gun needs to be mounted unless you use a flight stick.

If I could source two guns for this, and had the game, sure I'd mount them. That or make something to mount them on. I don't think I'd want to play this on a flight stick.

Bibliophile

, I liek DragonWarrior
Rating - 100%
215   0   0

Actually, the pump is for reload but not for start. There is a separate button for start on the back of the gun. Thus, you really need four buttons, not three (bomb, reload, start, and shoot).

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
110   0   0
Actually, the pump is for reload but not for start. There is a separate button for start on the back of the gun. Thus, you really need four buttons, not three (bomb, reload, start, and shoot).

You'd think you could hack some cable to let you mount the start button on the CP. Either way, it looks like original guns may be needed. At least for the real feel and play of the game. I don't think I'd buy the game with the intent to just use flight sticks.

anyone find a place to source these?

Last edited:

chrisr

20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
You'd think you could hack some cable to let you mount the start button on the CP. Either way, it looks like original guns may be needed. At least for the real feel and play of the game. Flight sticks might make it feel more like a flash game with a mouse.

The buttons are just generic, you dont need a gun with any buttons at all if you wanted to push buttons on the control panel. You could use a very simple gun. It all depends on how fancy you wanted to be.

ChrisR

chrisr

20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Sold! Thanks Michael

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
537   0   0

You can double tap the reload as start, you do not need 4 buttons but if you can find a gun with 4 then I would go for that.