FS: Minty Mini Cute

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
95   0   1
This price is ridiculously overpriced, I don't really care how rare you think these cabs are. I had 2 sitting at my joint at one point, they weren't hard to find and they were not as expensive as this. 1000 is high end at best. Everyone is free to ask whatever they want but here at ZDTF we are a community. Last 3 to 4 years I've seen a handful of wannabe big tymerz with crazy price tags on their sales, what is going on? Why are we letting people like this come here and sell stuff?

People who own them know they aren't practical at all, not a 2 player cab, not a fighting cab, just a novelty. I kept my Mini Neo 19 'cause it's just a better cab even though it doesn't rotate you can play with a buddy without issues or accidentally pressing the 2p Start button by mistake. I understand small cabs are just a novelty, after all that small foot print isn't much smaller than the footprint of an NAC and you're rocking the real deal with a NAC, the rest are just filler.

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
Rating - 100%
76   0   0
I've purchased two Cutes from here, and I went on and sold those two Cutes to members here. Each time I bought and sold for $800, and my cabs were easily as nice as the one in the OP.

As someone who shares in the chain of custody of one of these units, just chiming in to say that's exactly right. Both in the door and out within the community for a fair price.

BeaglePuss

Mickey's Coach
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
As someone who shares in the chain of custody of one of these units, just chiming in to say that's exactly right. Both in the door and out within the community for a fair price.
That's how it's always been, and that's how it should be. If you want to make a buck, put it on eBay. If you want to help out the community, pass along a deal here. No one is asking anyone to take a loss, but you could buy 4-5 Astros at that price.

OMFG

The Portuguese Chop
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
95   0   0
So this forum has turned into a selling ground first and a community second?

Unless that cab comes along with around $1200 of pure, uncut cocaine, you're taking advantage of this community's members. Granted, the cabinet is a rarity nowadays. However, there's no need to throw a $2600 price tag on this. If you want to sell this to make a profit (which you are), take this to off market commerce and make yourself a nice chunk of change.

A majority of the people in this thread are present and past Cute owners. Some here in this thread even went out of their way to make custom overlays and shared the designs with the community.

I would suggest pulling this thread and sell it on Feebay.

themisterfalcon

Buriki-One Fight Promoter
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
465   0   0
Also, before you haters go blowing this thread up more (looking at you EG lol) you have to understand that this guy SCOURS THE PLANET looking for the NICEST stuff possible. And pays an arm and a leg to get it shipped to the midwest.

You're not getting a second rate anything here. You're getting top notch, 100% working, OG gorgeous hardware that is getting harder and harder to come by these days.

Demand drives price. I see it everyday. I saw it the other day when I bought a Garegga for $400+. When I got into this hobby that was an $80 board alllllll day.

Also, Mark/D44 isn't a jerk. If you want the cab and want to deal just hit him up. You won't find anything nicer. Guaranteed.

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Everything Electricgrave, DZ, Beags, OMFG and Phyeir, has said is true. Everyone of us have either owned this cab, fixed one, or actually played on several.

The only time I have seen a Candy sell for 3X its price on an Arcade Forum with a Strong Community is an Egret 3 NOS still factory wrapped and boxed.

I don't doubt you Dubs, never have, but 3x the rate man?

Last edited:

themisterfalcon

Buriki-One Fight Promoter
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
465   0   0
I paid quite a bit (well over $1000) for my teal one 3+ years back - and it had a repro overlay from EG. Damn, I even gave up a 1p E2 panel in trade. What weight in gold is that thing worth these days?

Inflation happens, we all know that. Shmups, cabs, beat em ups, you name it. This hobby is more accessible now and prices reflect it unfortunately.

Anyways like I said, Mark is a REALLY good guy selling something top notch. If someone wants this and doesn't want to pay the price - fine. Just drop the dude a PM. It'll all work out in the end :)

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
OMFG, did you not offer me your MiniCute for $2,000 range?

OMFG

The Portuguese Chop
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
95   0   0
OMFG, did you not offer me your MiniCute for $2,000 range?

Not at all. When I was considering selling my Cute, I told you that I was going to sell it between 1200-1500. A game was also included (I think it was Super Gem Fighter A+B boards) with marquee holder. Around the same time, you spoke about a New England local that was opening up an arcade in Central Mass. Also around the same time period, Josh from VideogameX was selling untested Mini Cutes for $2000.

I offered to sell Josh my Mini Cute for around $12000-$15000. This was to be personally delivered by me while wearing a Santa Hat.

On a side note, that chat was hilarious and pure comedy gold as well.

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
I offered to sell Josh my Mini Cute for around $12000-$15000. This was to be personally delivered by me while wearing a Santa Hat.

On a side note, that chat was hilarious and pure comedy gold as well.

:lol: This statement itself made my night. Yes I recall Josh trying to sell untested ones for $2k and didn't move them.

lantus360

Fu'un-Ken Master
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
I payed $1700 shipped for mine over a year ago now. But since then i've dropped more cash into it getting a backup chassis (a must!), marquee holder etc. Im still missing OG locks and the bolts

forget $1000, unless the seller has fmly its not happening. Blasts and E2s go for that much and a ton of those have sold on the forum.

Cutes are great for shmups and hell yeah they are practical. Stick one in a corner and you still have tons of room to spare. I love mine and im sure other owners feel the same way

so, while i agree $2600 is expensive and arguably overpriced, i dont think the seller is attempting to flip or gouge. It's obvious he put cash into it to get it in the shape that its in now.

and with that - GLWTS

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Would make a great cab to play on the toilet...

I roll in my Cadillac SUV with two Mini Cutes in the back. Just pop the trunk and you're toilet gaming.

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
I roll in my Cadillac SUV with two Mini Cutes in the back. Just pop the trunk and you're toilet gaming.

Hey, all you need is a Monitor, CP, Harness, and some Capcom Side Art and you're good to go. :keke:

800px-Porta_Potty_by_David_Shankbone.jpg

Last edited:

N80G80

Igniz's Servent
Rating - 100%
170   0   0
I sold this cab to him a long while back. I have to tell you I purchased this from a gentleman who was stationed in Japan, and according to him, this cab never saw an arcade. I cant remember, but when I sold it, I think it only had maybe 500 plays on it or something like that.

CaseyTappy

Tung's Hair Stylist
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I bought a really nice and original one for much less than half of that 5 ears ago .

On the other hand they sell regularly for $ 2500,- now on A.O and every single one of them is going fast, they go for well over Y 100.000 on YHJ and not close to mint so under $ 1000,- is probably not realistic any more .
5 years ago a DoDonpachi board was $ 100,-, not $ 500,- , a Batrider full kit went for much less than the price of a bare board now, DDP was $ 180,- , Raizing, Toaplan, Neo AES and lately MVS etc etc .

The continuous supply of old Crt cabs and popular, no longer used jamma boards from Japan has to dry up sometime and the prices reflect that here ... and over there .

codecrank

Whip's Subordinate
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
Given that I've never seen a Cute for sale here since I joined. It's hard to say if the price is high / low. But I know Mark and he probably has spent a pretty penny getting this cab in the shape it's in. He goes for broke when he puts something together. This is the dude who gets his blast city shell painted by a body shop for pete's sake.

opt2not

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
I usually see Cute's on AO come up every so often. (actually there is one up there right now listed for about the same price after the Euro exchange). They're usually priced around the $2k mark, but to get them across the pond you'd have to bite the hefty-freight-cost bullet, so the price listed here is just about right IMO.
Though impractical to game on for me, they are a nice little novelty to have. Especially if you're dying to get a cab but don't have the square-footage to support a full-sized one.