FS - Neo-Geo Side Art

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
97   0   0
Thanks again Jasen.

Matt, I can do a similar scan overlay when I get my set.

If they are too off (which I doubt) I'll turn my tall rolling red tool chest into a Neo Geo MVS tool box. :D

Jasen Hicks

Hardened Shock Trooper
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
Jim,

Your package should arrive today. Please take pics and let me know what you think. I have a feeling many people are awaiting the first review on them before they ask for more. I sure would hate to make any more :*(

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
97   0   0
Didn't come today Jasen but I'll keep an eye out for it tomorrow. Thanks!

Jasen Hicks

Hardened Shock Trooper
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
Hey everyone, I just got my next shipment of vinyl and transfer tape in the mail today. I am ready to start churning these out for folks full time (I mean within a day of order). I 'upgraded' to a slightly more glossy finish vinyl and a much better transfer tape (not that what Jim got was bad). I am offering the full set of NEO-GEO, MVS, and SNK left and right side for $40 shipped to the US. I can do custom sizes and even custom colors (will require an order to get vinyl other than white right now) if you need. For example, Jim wanted a Small (4.5") RED Neo-Geo System Logo for his CMVS. I was able to knock it out no problems. If you have other Vinyl needs besides just NEO-GEO let me know. For example, if you have a SuperGun, Video Game Case, etc. that you want a neat vinyl sticker for, I can use any True Type Font and make it work for you. Alternatively, if you have a vector logo of something you want cut out, I can do that as well. The only limitation is it can't be more than 12" in one dimension. I can do up to 12" by 10' until I upgrade to a 40" machine. If you have any questions, please let me know!

Jasen Hicks

Hardened Shock Trooper
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
I need to find a good copy of the Originals that I can repro in Vector Format. Once done, I can make those easily too.

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
97   0   0
Quick update.

First off, Jasen is great to work with and he's seems really dedicated to this project. That being said, the side art is just about 100%. He's working on a few tweaks of the smaller "Multi Video System" text and a couple other things but the quality of what I see in front of me is good. I am going to hold off applying my set as I want to see what magic Jasen can make on the final revision, but overall, I'm pleased with his work and willingness to get a near-perfect product out to those of us that are demanding side art.

As a teaser, here's my CMVS vinyl Jasen whipped up for me. :D

mycmvs_zpsd00cfa8b.jpg

Thanks again Jasen!

Jasen Hicks

Hardened Shock Trooper
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
Thanks Jim. I have a feeler out to my buddy that does a lot of web graphics and logos for me to look it over. The little things that need to be corrected are just little things, but to make this as original as possible I am going to have him take a look. It will cost a bit of cash, but having good replicas available for cut is worth it.

That Little NEO-GEO SYSTEM looks pretty bad-ass. Nice touch!

Jasen Hicks

Hardened Shock Trooper
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
I made a LEFT/RIGHT Player tonight. I just created one from scratch in Illustrator (It's not too hard if you have dimensions :) )

Looks good. I need to adjust alignment up/down and the spacing. Some letters were just too close together. Other than that, I now have a 4 Slot Arrow Set ready for full time!

Jasen Hicks

Hardened Shock Trooper
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
I have two MVS - Multi Video System Graphics I cut out today. They look great, minus the Registered Trademark... I pulled them while weeding it. I will gladly give both away FREE if you pay shipping and provide a review for the quality of these decals. I'd prefer one per person... to be fair. PM me if you are interested.

Mattroid

Edo Express Delivery Guy
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Looks good! I haven't compared these to my scans yet, but as of now, I'd say you have the closest vectors out there. The only thing that I'd change is the S logo - there are "gaps" to differentiate the two S's (See below). The real question is how well a vinyl cutter would handle such a small gap like that.

IMG_20120326_132903.jpg

Jasen Hicks

Hardened Shock Trooper
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
Thanks Matt, intersteing... if you look at a collection of various S - SNK Logos, some have the cutout, some don't.

Here is a full set of cut graphics:

1_Neo_Geo_Board-e1357073726390.jpg

Mattroid

Edo Express Delivery Guy
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Thanks Matt, intersteing... if you look at a collection of various S - SNK Logos, some have the cutout, some don't.
Yeah, it's fairly strange and not something I ever noticed when Big Reds were common in the arcades around here. In the scan I sent you (detail below), it's there but easily missed (the arrows were added in an older thread where we were discussing this exact thing). My guess is that it's dependent on the screen application used on each cabinet. I'd think the gap is so tiny, it could easily bleed some and get mostly covered up.

My apologies if I seem to nit-picky - not everyone is as OCD as me about this stuff. Again, this seems to be the best out there right now.

attachment.php

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
97   0   0
Yeah, it probably depends on the application of each cab Matt. Like you said, it probably depends on the original screen and the amount of ink used.

Case in point, my 6-slot doesn't have any pronounced gaps, but you can see it's not a straight line of white across if that makes sense.

SS_zps4dd4f5c9.jpg

Looks good Jasen and good work. Obviously I'm already invested so I'm down for a set of the final revisions when you do start cranking them out. :D

Last edited:

Jasen Hicks

Hardened Shock Trooper
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
Jim,

I'll cut you out a full set tomorrow. The new vinyl has a glossy finish, not overwhelming, and is a bit stickier. I like it a lot. The new transfer tape I picked up is easier to use as well.

PS more of the little red decals are on their way. They shipped on Monday ;)

Jasen