FS: Omega Neo Geo CMVS Systems and Kits

Nickrb

Angel's Love Slave
Got mine today and it's beautiful! NeoTurfMasta, I haven't been following along but are you also involved in making the Omega?

One thing. I can't figure out how to turn on the blood in JP Metal Slug X as it's not in the cheats menu and I don't know how to access soft dip settings which is how I used to do this on my cab.

Hold down BCD when the omega boots up after power on or soft reset.

To soft reset the game using the unibios menu hold down start+select.

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
Got mine today and it's beautiful! NeoTurfMasta, I haven't been following along but are you also involved in making the Omega?

One thing. I can't figure out how to turn on the blood in JP Metal Slug X as it's not in the cheats menu and I don't know how to access soft dip settings which is how I used to do this on my cab.

NeoTurfMasta is involved with the design and manufacture of the NeoBiosMasta and the SaveMastaOne which are the unibios adapters for the smaller 1-slot boards. The latter is the board responsible for providing the internal memory which forms the VMC.

To turn on blood, you'll have to enter the soft dip settings menu which you can get to by pressing B+C+D during the unibios splash screen. Each game has a set of soft dip settings you can fiddle around with.

ptrix4u2c

Mega Shock!!
NeoTurfMasta is involved with the design and manufacture of the NeoBiosMasta and the SaveMastaOne which are the unibios adapters for the smaller 1-slot boards. The latter is the board responsible for providing the internal memory which forms the VMC.

To turn on blood, you'll have to enter the soft dip settings menu which you can get to by pressing B+C+D during the unibios splash screen. Each game has a set of soft dip settings you can fiddle around with.

I figured that's what he might have done since I bought the first run of the Neo Save Masta. The soft dip settings stick after power off just like the arcade board usually does which is nice. With UNIBIOS were you always able to access the test menu with B+C+D?

This thing is GREAT! I have it plugged in through RGB on my Framemeister and this is the best I've ever seen Neo games look. I'm totally over my arcade cab. No more heartache.

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
I figured that's what he might have done since I bought the first run of the Neo Save Masta. The soft dip settings stick after power off just like the arcade board usually does which is nice. With UNIBIOS were you always able to access the test menu with B+C+D?

This thing is GREAT! I have it plugged in through RGB on my Framemeister and this is the best I've ever seen Neo games look. I'm totally over my arcade cab. No more heartache.

The B+C+D thing is a feature unique to the unibios that Raz added in. Pretty handy since the test switch is not easily accessible in cab setups sometimes.

ptrix4u2c

Mega Shock!!
The B+C+D thing is a feature unique to the unibios that Raz added in. Pretty handy since the test switch is not easily accessible in cab setups sometimes.

This would have saved me so much bending over back in the day if I knew about it. Oh well!

kahel

Armored Scrum Object
Any idea if a new batch of Omega CMVS is coming soon?

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
Any idea if a new batch of Omega CMVS is coming soon?

I just got word from TurfMasta that the NBMs are shipping out soon. Should be here early next week. I'll need a few days to build the systems and do burn in testing. I can open up orders on the website again but they won't be shipping out immediately but far less than 12 weeks.

kahel

Armored Scrum Object
I put on notification for when you open order so i'll be ready !

I have a question , i have RGB cable for my AES, will they work with the omega? If not, do you offer JP21 SCART cables or they are all regular euro scart?

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
I put on notification for when you open order so i'll be ready !

I have a question , i have RGB cable for my AES, will they work with the omega? If not, do you offer JP21 SCART cables or they are all regular euro scart?

I use a different connector on the omega than what the AES has. I do offer JP21 rgb cables in addition to Euro SCART. I'll put it up as a catalog item when everything restocks.

Namnuta

Quiz Detective
What a beautiful product!!!! I am really amazed how nice it is, and the simplest build ever. You really put a lot of hard work into the Omega Shadowkn55. Very very very happy Omega Kit customer. Thanks again!!

kahel

Armored Scrum Object
Thank you for the information . Can't wait to place my Order!

Joneo

Belnar Institute Student
Think I may have to look into an Omega... my Analogue Interactive console has been pretty disappointing. :(

Mercuttio

Edo Express Delivery Guy
10 Year Member
Think I may have to look into an Omega... my Analogue Interactive console has been pretty disappointing. :(

How is it disappointing? They're pretty much the exact same thing in different shells. Is the video quality on the AI lesser?

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
How is it disappointing? They're pretty much the exact same thing in different shells. Is the video quality on the AI lesser?

lol. you have no idea what you are talking about.

The only thing remotely similar between is that they both use a MV1C board along with the NeoBiosMasta. All other electronics are completely different.

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
Looks like everyone is having a good time here. To add to the party, the NBMs arrived yesterday and I'm getting back to work building systems. I should have a another batch ready to go in a week or so. Hopefully less. Until then, teh drama should keep you guys occupied.

Joneo

Belnar Institute Student
How is it disappointing ? Just curious to know ...
What's wrong with it?

Problem 1:
Mercuttio hit on it. The video had diagonal lines running through it, particularly noticeable in areas of solid color. Though Chris was cool enough to swap out boards, the second unit experienced the exact same issue. I added RGB to another board (originally while waiting for the AI-CMVS) and it has zero discernible noise.

Problem 2:
Some 14 months in, as the AI-CMVS collects dust on my shelf I decide to clean it and notice a couple spots where the sections of wood were joined have now opened up. Not absolutely hideous, but makes me wonder what sort of longevity this "investment" (lol) will have.

Though Chris was Outstanding in terms of answering emails and offering suggestions, I ultimately was still left with a very expensive console that no longer looks "perfect" and never displayed video of the quality I'd want to use.

Maybe just me, but aside from the sticks I've been royally disappointed in AI's CMVS decks. Sorry to say...

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
Problem 2:
Some 14 months in, as the AI-CMVS collects dust on my shelf I decide to clean it and notice a couple spots where the sections of wood were joined have now opened up. Not absolutely hideous, but makes me wonder what sort of longevity this "investment" (lol) will have.

Though Chris was Outstanding in terms of answering emails and offering suggestions, I ultimately was still left with a very expensive console that no longer looks "perfect" and never displayed video of the quality I'd want to use.

Maybe just me, but aside from the sticks I've been royally disappointed in AI's CMVS decks. Sorry to say...

Man, that sucks Jon. Where exactly was the wood separating? Was there warping going on that perhaps led to the joined section separating or was it a bad glue (or whatever was used to join it) job?

I guess a pic or two wouldn't hurt to check it out but either way, definitely a bummer at that price.

Joneo

Belnar Institute Student
Man, that sucks Jon. Where exactly was the wood separating? Was there warping going on that perhaps led to the joined section separating or was it a bad glue (or whatever was used to join it) job?

I guess a pic or two wouldn't hurt to check it out but either way, definitely a bummer at that price.

Here are some thumbnails...

AICMVS1.jpgAICMVS2.jpgAICMVS3.jpg

There doesn't appear to be any warping. My AI sticks, which have been living under the same conditions are totally solid.