FS - Psykio Stikers 1945 PCB, non working - static sound issue - SF/Bay Area, CA

mikemann

Quiz Detective
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
For Sale Psykio Strikers 1945 PCB...game play is fine. There is an audio issue that I wasn't able to figure out.

Maybe someone out there knows how to fix this...

Game will play fine for maybe 5 to 10 minutes and then based on no cue...the sound will cut out and all I get is loud static. Power Cycle the game and it will work again but then do the same thing. Voltage is dead on at the board +5 on the nose. Crystals visually look good and were reflowed. It was suggested that it might be cap related in the sound section so I purchased all new electrolytic caps and replaced them. Reseated both socketed chips. No change.

Video of issue -

I'm not sure how to even price this....$50 shipped via USPS? I bought a replacement board this week, so would just like to recoup some funds for having to buy two of these.

Thanks for looking

Bagheera369

New Challenger
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Would tell you 2 things. A) could be that sound amp (2 screws, upper right hand near all those caps), or could be that volume pot is going out.

Not sure if the sound amp is available, but you can see if there is a NTE equivalent, or a WTB on a known broken board for parts. The volume pot should be easy enough to track down.

Best of luck.

mikemann

Quiz Detective
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Thanks for the reply...the volume pot i believe is fine. I can actually adjust the volume still when this happens and you can hear it modulating the volume up and down correctly.

I've since replace this board with a working one and since there has been any bites on this, I'll most likely just give the board to someone who has the skills to fix and would like it.