FS: Sony HIL-C1 Hi Vision/MUSE Laserdisc Player in Twin Cities MN

Metal Slugnuts

Faggotier
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
Yo

I recently stumbled across a Sony HIL-C1 laserdisc player at a local thrift store. This is a Japanese unit that is one of the few able to play Hi Vision/MUSE high-definition laserdiscs. I intended to use it in my own home theater but found out that 1) it doesn't do Dolby Digital 5.1/AC-3 and 2)you need a super-expensive MUSE decoder to view the MUSE discs. It will play normal laserdiscs perfectly and has a great picture to boot, plus it has a TOSlink digital audio out for your receiver.

The player works perfectly but I couldn't find the remote. There is some cosmetic damage from the careless thrift store employees including chips in the wood veneer and stratching on the top of the unit.

Pics can be found HERE

I'm asking $300 OBO. Since this unit is so hard to find I can't really gauge the price based on past auctions so forgive me if the start price is too high. Local pickup in the Twin Cities MN area only since this beast weighs too much to ship (plus I wouldn't want to risk damaging the unit).

Last edited:

northernsoul

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
Rating - 100%
81   0   0
Nice cheap way to get into Muse discs as the HLD X9 is out of reach of most mortals.

I have passed your sale link onto a friend who runs a laserdisc business; he might be interested. I would snatch this up in a heartbeat if I lived near MN.

Must be one of the most awesome thrift store finds I've seen in awhile.

Metal Slugnuts

Faggotier
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
Nice cheap way to get into Muse discs as the HLD X9 is out of reach of most mortals.

I have passed your sale link onto a friend who runs a laserdisc business; he might be interested. I would snatch this up in a heartbeat if I lived near MN.

Must be one of the most awesome thrift store finds I've seen in awhile.

I know man, my jaw literally dropped when I saw it. There were a bunch of Chinese karaoke laserdiscs there too...weird since the unit doesn't do karaoke. :scratch: Who knows how it ended up there.

Thanks for the referral :)

EDIT: If there was a safe way to ship this that someone knows of I'd be willing to sell it outside of MN...I've never shipped anything this large before so I don't really know the correct way of doing it. :emb:

Last edited:

northernsoul

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
Rating - 100%
81   0   0
Most high end players came with a shipping screw that needed to be put in place before shipping. Not sure if this model did or not, but I'm guessing it did. Most of the time the screw is lost, which I suspect is the case here. Players I've bought or sold have been packaged to minimize movement; laserdisc players are really prone to damage during shipping.

Normally a player wrapped in several layers of bubble wrap, in a roomy box, with packing peanuts encasing the player, arrive safely. But there is always a risk. Main issue is weight and price of shipping. I would say between $50-$100 depending on the size and weight of player. I know the muse players are pretty beastly.

Last edited:

Metal Slugnuts

Faggotier
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
So this is pretty much a cry for help as to how to sell this thing...I thought I had a buyer lined up but he hasn't called and I don't have any other options. :( I'd love for it to go to someone who will actually use it.