FS: Stock and Custom Joysticks: HRAP3, Hori Fighting Stick SS x 2, 8bitdo + Other Stuff

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
113   0   0
I've realized that I really like making custom joysticks and I've amassed all the tools to do it properly. Recently, somebody here suggested that I get them, modify them, and sell them. This way, I can make cool sticks and continue to have fun things to work on. I thought, "why the hell not give it a shot?" So, with that in mind, here we are. Ideally, I would like to just break even on what it costs to make these, and I realize that they're not cheap. In most cases, these will be imported from Japan by me. I realize that it will be difficult to make back what it costs to ship them over, and I'm happy to negotiate. Shipping prices are not included on sticks.

Custom Sticks

Hori Real Arcade Pro.3
- The objective with this one was to tread as lightly as possible. By this, I mean the aim was to use as many of the original components of this stick as possible and to modify the body of the stick as little as possible. I think this worked out pretty well. All components used in this stick are new.

Features:
- Seimitsu LS-70X lever (this is an extremely nice lever, check it out)
- Seimitsu translucent smoke (plus one red, for rapid fire in shooting games) screw in buttons
- Neutrik USB Passthrough with dust gasket
- Brook Universal Fighting Board (compatible with Switch, PS3/4, 360, PC, a bunch of mini consoles, Wii U, original Xbox and probably some others)
- Buttons on turbo panel do actually work and are mapped from left to right: Touch Pad, Home, L3, R3. Turbo switch doesn't do anything.
- M4 screw bases installed so that you only have to undo the top screws to get into this stick. This was the biggest problem with the HRAP design.

Disclosures:
- This uses the original control panel overlay and there are some light scratches on it. The area under the dust washer for the lever is worn.
- There was some rust on the sides of the panel and on the bottom of the panel near the edge which faces the player. All the rust has been removed.
- The body is in excellent shape
- This does have the box, but it is very sunfaded

Costs:
Stick cost including shipping : $100
Brook board: $80
Lever, buttons, Neutrik, wire, connectors etc: $78.45

That comes out to just under $260. We'll call it $250 including shipping.

Screen Shot 2024-01-10 at 11.09.57 AM.png
Screen Shot 2024-01-10 at 11.10.27 AM.png
Screen Shot 2024-01-10 at 11.10.50 AM.png

Hori Fighting Stick SS - You can think of this as a plastic (but with steel top and bottom plates) version of the Sigma form factor. It's a great stick on its own, but proper parts make it shine.

- Modified to fit a Seimitsu small form factor lever. Currently has a LS-55 lever with octagonal restrictor plate.
- 8 x Seimitsu short throw action buttons
- 2 x Seimitsu 24mm screw in buttons
- Neutrik USB passthrough
- Select button (the Saturn version of this stick doesn't have a select button out of the box. There is a place for it, as well as a membrane, but no hole in the panel for it). The original PCB was modified for use with this. Also, the gray buttons are actually Game Boy DMG buttons, which are the exact dimensions of the buttons which Hori used with these originally.
- Raspberry Pi Pico flashed with GP2040 CE v0.7.6. This is the coolest thing to happen to fightsticks since... probably the creation of the home arcade controller, really. Not only does this thing have faster response times than just about any controller you can go buy right now (<1ms of input lag... bananas), but you can use it on alllllllll kinds of systems, including: PS3, PS4, Switch, PC, Mister, Xbox One/X/S (with adapter, as I understand it), PS5 (with adapter - I'm not clear on how these adapters work), most mini consoles, and the list seems to be growing each day. This is simply the best solution you can get for a custom joystick right now.
- Pico has headers installed. All wiring by me.

Disclosures:
- When countersinking the holes to screw the Seimitsu lever on, one hole went all the way through. I filled this with epoxy. This is in the plastic body under the metal panel and is not visible, as you can see. It does not seem to affect the integrity of the stick in any way.
- There was some rust on the sides of the metal top panel. I've done my best to remove it. Japan is a humid place.
- The turbo switches don't have any mechanical function. You can use them for things like confidence boost, or skill increase, or 1cc mode in your mind though.
- Has the original box.

This stick, as you see it here, cost $182.50 to make. I was previously asking $180, which I realize is a lot of dough. Let's try $150.

Screen Shot 2024-01-03 at 16.07.44 PM.png
Screen Shot 2024-01-03 at 16.07.27 PM.png
Screen Shot 2024-01-03 at 16.08.00 PM.png

Stock Joysticks

These are stock. Just passing em on. Ignore the Sigma for now, it's not stock.

Hori Fighting Stick SS - Has the original box. Nice stick. $50
8bitdo Xbox Stick - The PCB in this has solder pads for a 5 pin lever harness, but it doesn't have the harness out of the box. I added the 5 pin harness to this, that way, you can put whatever lever you want in this. A real nice stick, I just have too many other options. $80, which is what I paid for it.

IMG_1322.jpeg

Pictures below, see more here

Gamecube
Capcom vs SNK 2 EO - $50
TMNT Battle Nexus 2 - $20
Pac Man Vs. with Sleeve - $20
GC Games.JPG

Xbox
Shenmue II - Has movie disc. $10
Ninja Gaiden & Ninja Gaiden Black Set - $20
Xbox 360 Bundle - Skate, Skate 3, XBL Arcade Unplugged, Burger King games - $20
Xbox Games.JPG

PS5 - All three for $50
Ratchet & Ratchet - $20
Ghost of Tsushima - I think this is some kind of special edition - $20
ABLVV85bfG3hnuViVawqDWtYg8sLCnXvAVS_Ur1Q5cMQ7l2GaaSi3XiGsxztF58vVqxiTvYcPrXYDXtGmD7ZqCukvLhIIIZpbb3ZMPgGzg9BB3KFlC8dl5VlXOMmQB4liBqYl2ODbzBLUnONUjRcnuUH4SaGwg=w953-h715-s-no

Astro City Mini Controller - New, unopened $100
ABLVV87dlCP9m1S5BzJHk8sPNIZ8L7DWI15Df1dM28chobKrnsz4D-aRt8ZZhmq3Y_3snGpG1nwBqvXBAARDRtXu5eQKYLaM0a8VLx74Hq19XcS67WbK5XPHkuaqqAvC_K5pCm4ILjByyu6yPB_LmvdnuBNa1Q=w836-h627-s-no

Skullcandy Street Fighter II Edition PLYR Headset - This has been opened and tested, but beyond confirming functionality, hasn't been used. Because of that, I'm reluctant to call it used. The internals of this are actually designed by Yamaha. It seems nice and they go for $250 - $300 on ebay. Looking for $150
ABLVV84dD8k9lRvmTAv4sGcUvB6isQ6XX3WgP4KwCkdagB_kEmwLGwN0ffm8WC4dXnwKg9Fk0NFU440g7ULKpvSToq8UIIoi-3Dlv9lRIG_Z0Jef58_9dOnSiGX3-tHSe7YLXhHiOGWJNS71YEYfyr3QQgeNaA=w953-h715-s-no
ABLVV84sJnOgtblKZCCazrWkHMuwvHRtpZA56APyDBd1bWiaCcxrauD3oZGdn45PxCzEEhnliZbnS2v6utkKUuNFLlR_sxdy4CcTFp-Qtwnnc_rEQKJ3zgzhO4rwk8LlZCbwfarjwvcYboy3PHVzt_-8tRwQIQ=w953-h715-s-no

Paypal F&F (or add 4% to cover fees) preferred, can also take Venmo.

Sold Items
Spoiler:

Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snacks - $90 - Sold for asking price
Mario Kart - This is the preorder version with the demo disc. - Sold for $80
Resident Evil 4 - Sold for $20
Ikaruga - $50 - Sold for asking price
Chaos Field - Sold for $30
Viewtiful Joe - Sold for $20
Viewtiful Joe 2 - Sold for $30
Panzer Dragoon Orta - Sold for $30
Spikeout - I'm the original owner of this, and it was never played. It's in excellent condition. Sold for $120
PlayStation Classic - I may have used this for 5 or 10 minutes. The seal on the box was opened sloppily. $50 - Sold for asking price.
Zelda - Ocarina of Time Collector's Edition box - This is just the box. No cart, manual, or anything else is included, closest thing i could find to this was a sold ebay listing for a box in worse condition than this for like $250. $100, more pictures at the link at the top of the thread. Sold for $70
Demon's Souls - Sold for $20
Astro City Mini - Opened, used for a few mins, sat on shelf for a while. $50 - Sold for asking price
PC Engine Mini - Used a bit more than the AC Mini, but still not much. $120 - Sold for asking price
Powkiddy RGB30 - This is the handheld with the square screen that everybody is freaking out about. I haven't played anything on it. Doesn't include a secondary SD card. $50 - Sold for asking price

Happy to ship anywhere, but overseas buyers are responsible for covering full shipping fees. Thanks for looking all.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2024-01-10 at 11.11.03 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2024-01-10 at 11.11.03 AM.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Ajax

15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
113   0   0
Added a customized HRAP, adjusted the price of the Fighting Stick SS

Ajax

15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
113   0   0
Added some stock joysticks. Send offers if you're eyeing something.