FS: Xbox 1 2TB systems Coinops, XBMC, etc. & Repair services

Mike26

McWow,
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Hey the old thread is outdated and I cannot edit it.

I have been repairing xbox for some time now. I also make 2TB systems now with coinops 5 full, xbmc, unleashX dash, vision.

Here's a video demonstration of the boot up process for the xbox I make:

XBOX REPAIR SERVICE & RATES

*Send me just your bare xbox! NO CONTROLLERS. NO GAMES. NO POWERCORDS.*

General Flash/HardDrive modding
Tsop flash (for xbox v.1 -v5 only) $20
Aladdin modchip + install $25
xbox harddrive reformat $15
xbox harddrive replacement (you supply ide drive) $20
xbox softmod $10

Soldering/Repairs
Clock capacitor removal and cleaning - $20
1st Gen Xbox Trace Corrosion Repair - $30

SYSTEMS READY TO GO
Xbox systems with 2tb drives. I am going to make these for people from now on.

IMG_20130117_103619_zps7ad840e3.jpg

IMG_20130117_123253_zpsb235f627.jpg

IMG_20130123_171137_zps391b9240.jpg

$225 shipped Continental US.

Xbox system only, clock cap removed, 2tb drive installed, 80wire ATA cable upgraded, UnleashX installed as default dash, Evox installed, xbmc4xbox latest stable build installed, coinops 5 R4 installed full plus addon packs, vision installed. System formatted for 2 1TB partitons F and G, each formatted 64kb sectors.

Last edited:

Mendel

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Have you ever tried an ide SSD drive? I think a silent 128GB drive would be better than a noisy 2 gb drive... at least for coinops use.

Mike26

McWow,
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Have you ever tried an ide SSD drive? I think a silent 128GB drive would be better than a noisy 2 gb drive... at least for coinops use.

Hey dude! I have not, others have, some with success. It's not worth it, the system is quiet, the fan is the loudest part of the xbox 1, the drive is quiet when the case cover is on. I will say that the speed of the SSD is wasted in this application, better served as a boot drive for a pc, where file access speed greatly influences perceived "UI snappy-ness"
Don't waste your time in my opinion.

Also depending on the sector byte allocation layout of the SSD, using it in an xbox could substantially limit its lifespan. Not to mention the SSD will need to have built in garbage collection or some other low level functioning controller data allocation midware mechanism because the xbox filesystem dubbed "fatx" has no such thing, thus commonly used files located in a certain spot on the SSD will be constantly called upon thus greatly contributing to bad sectors and or premature failure of said ssd.

I would rather spend my money on a bigger platter drive then waste it on SSD for the sole, albeit arguable, benefit of noise reduction, something the xbox 1 already has thanks to a loud dvd drive and stock cheap fan. Now if you have an ssd lying around collecting dust, i think 128gb drive is more than enough to have a comfortable xbox system with space and whatnot, i just don't feel SSD's are a good fit for the xbox 1.

Last edited:

shadowfamicom

Rugal's Thug
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
Hey just curious. You using an IDE>SATA converter? Any paticular brand? I had a IDE>SATA converter back in 2005, those things were fickle as hell, some worked fine, others just failed. Saw this one on newegg on sale the other day for $10 and it claims to be "Bi-directional adapter converts IDE to SATA or SATA to IDE" which IMO sounds like they are asking for trouble http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812200787 but you may find it helpful.

Anyway your mod work looks great and if my xbox didn't already have all the stuff I needed I would send ya a PM.

FYI there seem to be some youtube comments wanting some mods done on the main page of your video.

Mike26

McWow,
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
@shadowfamicom

Hey I've had nothing but trouble finding a working sata adaptor. The xbox is extremely fussy about timing, and although it can be fixed by editing the bios file to add a 2 second hault, there are unrelated issues that arise when done. I've spent waaay too much time trying to get the dealextreme sata to ide adaptors working, which the old versions they used to sell worked great (3.1) now all they sell is v.1.0 units which are not compatible and will not work.

I've spent probably close to 125 dollars and thrown out a dozen or more of different sata to ide adaptors before finally finding one that works. Off of Feebay no less:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/190652522427?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

FYI there seem to be some youtube comments wanting some mods done on the main page of your video.
Thanks I haven't been checking there for a while.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi mike. are you still doing this? I'm interested in a 2tb and possibly fixing my hard modded xbox. cant figure out how to pm you. it says i don't have permission to view your profile. so im posting here to get your attention hopefully.

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi mike. are you still doing this? I'm interested in a 2tb and possibly fixing my hard modded xbox. cant figure out how to pm you. it says i don't have permission to view your profile. so im posting here to get your attention hopefully.

Are you serious? Maybe there is a reason you can't do anything, like see when a thread was created.

Oh and the Illini suck but if they beat Ohio State next month I will come back and edit this post. Maybe even ask Mikey to come up with a nice picture to put up for you.

El Maricon Loco

Galford's Poppy Trainer,
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Are you serious? Maybe there is a reason you can't do anything, like see when a thread was created.

Oh and the Illini suck but if they beat Ohio State next month I will come back and edit this post. Maybe even ask Mikey to come up with a nice picture to put up for you.

ONLY IN THEIR DREAMS ~ They're just lucky they don't have to drive to get their shit pushed in.

OSUshoe.jpg